Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving Lights

jacob9582

Corvette
1984 Brilliant White Coupe, Targa Top
My driving lights on my 84 only come on when i have the main lights flipped up.

Has anyone modded this to allow them to be on with the headlights down? i really want to do this for the fact that it looks cool and it helps other people see you.

any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I thought they were fog lights. I wrote the details of the mod I did to a magazine, long ago. It was a simple thing at the switch, but I'd have to do some digging to find it.
:w

If you turn the switch to the parking lights postion, the driving lights should light without the headlamp assemblies rotating into position.

im going to go and give it a shot right now! thanks. ill let you know what happens.

ok so i pulled out the headlight switch to the parking light position=1 click. parking lights went on, then i tried fliping the driving lights switch but got no lights. the switch appears to only click toward the right.

if i raise the main headlights the driving lights go on and off with the switch but as i said not with out the main lights flipped up.

Ken said:
If you turn the switch to the parking lights postion, the driving lights should light without the headlamp assemblies rotating into position.

That's how it works on my '85.

thanks ill try your method of cutting the wire. vette looks nice with the fogs on but sometimes toward dusk it will be nice to just flip the driving lights switch and have a little more light and be more visable to others as well.

thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom