Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Well, it has taken a bit of time for me but here goes: Was having a bit of oversteer, the front end would swing out towards the outside of a turn if I hit some debris or tar snake.

This all stems from my motorcycle riding stance, a delayed apex, slow in, fast out, which would help me see around a corner. Delayed apex is like Swing Wide in a R or L hand curve but the Vette needs a Fast Corner to turn well. This is hugging the inside of the turn and does this ever work well.....

Do you ever have the feeling to take off the Traction Control and just let the tires fry?? I don't think it will help, I need something to help the tires i.e., water. The car is an auto and does have a Tall 1st gear....

uess

Not real sure what you are asking. If you are wondering why you have oversteer, I'd have to say, maybe you should have the alignment checked.

Although you have accurately described an oversteer condition, I don't think that's what is happening. The stock, transverse mounted leaf springs provide a reasonable compromise of ride comfort, control, and economy. They don't hold the road well in a performance situation though on uneven or bumpy surfaces. I had the same issue, and it was one (or more) of the tires getting momentarily airborne during the rebound transition. The problem completely went away after installing the Pfadt coilovers.
:beer

Comment

Not real sure what you are asking.

Just commenting on what I discovered is an easier way to get a bit more performance out of taking corners a bit faster. The oversteer problem is gone with a faster, tighter, corner.......

Still want to fry the tires before I die....bucket list

Still want to fry the tires before I die....bucket list

Have a new set to tires ready to install first, then burn the old ones up!
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom