Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Droopy Headliner

Samauriwarrior

Corvette
1993 Torch Red, 6sp Coupe
The headliner in my coupe is starting to sag. Anybody have any tips, or suggestions on how to repair? Cheaply would be nice but that word is not in the corvette vernacular.

Take the liner down and recover it with material from a local fabric store. I know Joann Fabrics sells headliner material. Pick up some spray adhesive while you are there. Strip the old material off, use the board as a template and make it about 2 inches bigger so you can wrap it.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20808

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping it would be that simple.

I don't know if vette headliners are the same as most GM cars. I have noticed that there is a foam between the material and the supporting material which degrades. Trying to glue to that don't work real well. Not sure how to take care of that. Does it have to be cleaned off ?

Glenn
:w

G Winter said:
I don't know if vette headliners are the same as most GM cars. I have noticed that there is a foam between the material and the supporting material which degrades. Trying to glue to that don't work real well. Not sure how to take care of that. Does it have to be cleaned off ?

Glenn

Just hit it with a wire brush...it will crumble right off.

Of course, you can always do what I did with my wife's 77 Olds. I used a stapler and about 50 staples...looked like hell but kept it out of her eyes! Sold the car soon after for cheap!

safety_match said:
Of course, you can always do what I did with my wife's 77 Olds. I used a stapler and about 50 staples...looked like hell but kept it out of her eyes! Sold the car soon after for cheap!

I have used thumb tacs, but if you run with the window open they tend to come out. In my old pickup I used 5 in pieces of wire feed wire and slipped both ends in so it can't come out. The pickup is pretty tough anyway so who cares what it looks like.

Glenn

Thank You. I wish it was as nice as the picture makes it look. It is a good solid car and looks good from 25 ft. The price was right and it serves me well. The top down draws a lot of comments from front steps and yards when driving through the residential areas. Fun car to drive.

I see you have the only color a vette should be too. :L

Glenn

Well I really appreciate the helpful hints guys. Although I think Martha Stewart might have something to say about staples and thumbtacks. I will check the underside to see if it has supporting material and then look at gluing. It is not hanging in front of my eyes yet, just loose enough to irritate me.

And I agree that Glen's and safety_match vette's are the right color!:_rock

Hey now. Don't be busting on the other colors. I love the red, don't get me wrong, but since my right foot is heavier than my left, there's no way I can afford the "costs" of a red car. I'll stick with my "doesn't get noticed as much" color. :)

GuyzVette said:
Hey now. Don't be busting on the other colors. I love the red, don't get me wrong, but since my right foot is heavier than my left, there's no way I can afford the "costs" of a red car. I'll stick with my "doesn't get noticed as much" color. :)

;LOL Nothing like "Give Me a Ticket Red" I really do like "Leave Me Alone Black" I do think make of car has something to do with tickets.

Glenn

G Winter said:
;LOL Nothing like "Give Me a Ticket Red" I really do like "Leave Me Alone Black" I do think make of car has something to do with tickets.

Glenn

I thought it was "Arrest Me Red"!:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom