Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

drove a 91 zr-1 performance felt off

GRAND SPORT #12

Corvette
1996 GRAND SPORT #12
I own a 96 grand sport was going to buy a 91 zr-1 50k miles drove the car i relize i will not feal a big difference in performance since the cars or close the problem is the lt-5 car felt slower was like driving a l-98. valet was in full position switched to reg position and still the performance of the car felt the same so i was disappointed and told the dealer i need to think on it. any sugestions it was a real surprise. because in my GS if the asr is off it can get a little hairy under hard excell. but the lt-5 i drove was to say pretty tame i wonder if all 16 runners were operational and what is an easy way to tell.. the check e. light was not on i have heard if it is on it will not allow butterflies to open all 16 runners... thanks for any help

ZR-1 performance a little off

i dont know if this helps the only work i know that was done to the car a week prio the starter was replaced

The fact you couldn't feel a difference between valet mode and regular sounds pretty suspicious to me...

-Mac

IIRC the top side of the engine has to be removed to get to the starter. Maybe they didn't get a harness re-connected not allowing the second set of injectors to kick in.....?

Robs post

Just read robs great post on secondary port vacume diag. was really helpfull called the dealer . i bet thats the problem area just not going to take the chance on buying it and hope thats the issue well will see if they fix it..

The fact you couldn't feel a difference between valet mode and regular sounds pretty suspicious to me...

-Mac
You will feel a big difference when you turn that key!!!!:D

either wait for them to fix or do like i did with my92 callaway 475 supernatural i bought from a dealer . the car had 27k miles on it and i traded them a 90 zr1 with 155k and 10 k for the car. all that was wrong was the vacume line that comes from the right front was disconnected at the oil filter . they were kinda pissed that i fixed it after signing the papers ,saying why didnt i tell them what was wrong. all i said was you didnt have to accept my offer , dealers screw people every day ,kinda nice to get one up on them :upthumbs

Then the secondaries are not working. When I bought mine I wasn't impressed either with the power. I thought well this is supposed to be the corvette from hell. But felt more like the corvette from tinker bell. I took a chance and bought it anyway cus I new there was something wrong with it since it seemed to stumble at 4k rpm's. I had a bad secondary vacumm solenoid. Replaced it and took it out for a spin and nailed that gas peddle and almost lost control of the car it accellerated so hard. Again the secondaries are probably not working. If you drive one thats opporating correctly you will loose interst in the GS in a hurry.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom