Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drove a new C6 with 6 speed automatic

Can't complain about my A6.

Paddling around town is a waste.

Paddling is for racing and playing. Generally I leave it in "S" for daily driving - gets great mileage also that way.

It didn't take long to get used to paddling on TMS's infield road course and I use the paddles for drag racing. It's like any other auto when it comes to shifting though - there is a lag between pushing or pulling the paddle and the actual shift so you have to lead the up shifts and down shifts some.

I did not find any issues with down shifting on the road course except to not down shift late into the turn as it makes the rear jump out - if you already near max lateral g's, that's a little unnerving as the rear end tries to come around.

First gear happens fast so I paddle the up shift around 5000 to 5200 to make sure it shifts before 6000 as it roars quickly to redline in first. After that, I paddle a little later with each gear.

Down shifting on the track is a piece of cake - it will not let you down shift too early and you can paddle it down while you're stomping the brake as hard as you need for the turn.

Corvette Magazine tested the A6 against the M6 and found the A6 faster in an autocross while the M6 was still best on the full size road course.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom