Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drove the Vette Today

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
After over two months of setting in the garage, I was able to actually get the Vette out today and take it for a drive. Man did that feel good. I sure hope this is a sign of things to come. I am not surprised that the tires were flat-spotted some, but after a couple of miles she smoothed right out.

We were supposed to get 4-6" of driving snow yesterday, but all we got was the wind (70mph gusts). But the roads were clear and dry today. I picked up one of my grandsons and had a little "quality" time as we went for the drive.

Just thought you guys ought to know.....actually I just had to shout it from the roof.

Congrats!

Same for me last week. Short trip. Just eneough to run through a couple of my favorite CDs. Hadn't had her out of the garage since before Christmas. :W I don't know how the guys & gals in the north country can go all winter without these " therapy sessions".

:W I don't know how the guys & gals in the north country can go all winter without these " therapy sessions".[/quote]

Canadian Club helps!

Here in east central Kansas we just had a good rain a couple days ago that pretty much washed the salt off the roads. Definitely getting spring fever.
:w

After over two months of setting in the garage, I was able to actually get the Vette out today and take it for a drive. Man did that feel good. I sure hope this is a sign of things to come. I am not surprised that the tires were flat-spotted some, but after a couple of miles she smoothed right out.

We were supposed to get 4-6" of driving snow yesterday, but all we got was the wind (70mph gusts). But the roads were clear and dry today. I picked up one of my grandsons and had a little "quality" time as we went for the drive.

Just thought you guys ought to know.....actually I just had to shout it from the roof.

I really envy you and anyone else that can get their vette out of the garage. Both of mine are snow drifted in with 2' of snow in the area in front of the garage and 3' in the driveway (I have 2 garages, and the heated one on the basement level is where the vettes hibernate). The pad in front of the garage doors is iced over, so I can't even pull them out. They've been hibernating since October 31. Last year I was driving them in Feb, March, etc. Not much hope of driving them until sometime in April at the earliest. Guess that's what I get for living at 8600' above sea level.

I feel for you cold weather folks living above the Mason-Dixon Line! Brrrr! I lived in Iowa for 11 years back in the day. Those endless winters and nail-biting driving on those icy, snow covered roads sent me packing, vowing never to live above the M-D Line again.
Just wanted to tell y'all--it was 74 here today!!!!! 72 forecast for Tuesday and 77 for Wednesday!!!
Come on down! You'll only have to hide from an occasional tornado!! :w

Tom,

I got mine out a few weeks ago...took the little one out for some of that "quality time" (my how he loves doing donuts!)...just to get it back home and discover a leaking water pump! :cry

Red Vette: where do you live?

Bill

I drove mine as well. Took a little run up to canyon lake. I installed new Goodyear rubber on friday and had to try em out. I didnt take the targa top off, as it was a cool 70'. ;) The tires worked excellent on the curvy mountainous road. There is no way I could ever move N again.

Tom,

I got mine out a few weeks ago...took the little one out for some of that "quality time" (my how he loves doing donuts!)...just to get it back home and discover a leaking water pump! :cry
Bill

It's always something isn't it?

I drove mine as well. Took a little run up to canyon lake. I installed new Goodyear rubber on friday and had to try em out. I didnt take the targa top off, as it was a cool 70'. ;) The tires worked excellent on the curvy mountainous road. There is no way I could ever move N again.

Just have to rub it in don't you! ;squint:......:L

Tom,

Red Vette: where do you live?

Bill

High Bill (no pun intended)
I live high in the mountains above Denver at 8600' elevation. Take US 285 south out of Denver through Conifer to Pine Junction. Turn west on Mt Evans. Go another 2 miles. It is interesting that the Cruise Fest "cruise" that Patrick has posted will turn to the east at Pine Junction and US 285 to return to CS, traveling through Pine, Buffalo Creek, Deckers, etc (you will get to see the devastation remaining from the forest fires we had 3 and 5 years ago. The forest is making a comeback, but it will not occur in my lifetime). I could just turn west at Pine Junction and be home in minutes, or switch to my other Corvette and rejoin the cruise. The drive from Pine Junction to Woodland Park is great, but the posted speed limit in Pine and Buffalo Creek is 25 mphr, and enforced. The road from Pine Juncton to Pine is very windy i.e. crooked, and sometimes dangerous, even in the summer due to gravel and critters on the road. Made the drive many times when visiting my nephew at the AFA. As I drove to work early this morning, it was snowing hard and I had 2+ inches in my driveway when I left. Guess I'll have to plow when I get home tonight. Since March is our snowiest month, I may not get the cars out of the garage until mid April at the earliest. Tough winter!

Regards,
Barrett

"sigh" probably wont pull mine out till end of april. damn this michigan weather :hb

toms94 said:
It's always something isn't it?

At almost 200K miles....yup!

Barret,

Well man I'm only at about 6000 ft or so...so not quite as "high" as you! :L

Get in touch with Patrick, he'll be glad for advice on "cruise" routes.

Bill

I drive my Vette every day...can't wait to get to 200k

I took mine out yesterday and today. Yesterday was the first time in 2 months, and I was surprised how fast it started. I just turned the key, I didnt even hear it turn over and it started. Love the Opti! :D

With all the drenching rain we just had in the NorthEast, it washed all the salt dust off the roads. So I am ready for a spin...soon.:cool

Took both the 88 and the 71 out today. Weather was beautiful in NJ. The drive put a smile on my face!!!!

we still got a foot of snow on the ground,plus its supposed to get cold again this week.....zero at night 15 during the day...how's the snow supposed to melt with that ????? :ugh :ugh

the only therapy I get is to go out to the garage and do some tinkering on it!!!! :upthumbs :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom