Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dulling door jab clear coat

bobs78

Corvette
50th AE vert - 25th SA - 54 Polo White
Has anyone tried Krylon® Dulling Spray to dull their door jab clear coat finish? Maybe this be used to dull the jab during juding. Krylon claims that it "provides a removable dull finish for items to be photographed or videotaped. Reduces shine and simplifies lighting arrangements. Removable finish wipes off easily semi-drying formula leaves no marks."

Could this be the answer for us base/cc guys?

Im confused,why do you want to dull it?

bobs78 said:
Has anyone tried Krylon® Dulling Spray to dull their door jab clear coat finish? Maybe this be used to dull the jab during juding. Krylon claims that it "provides a removable dull finish for items to be photographed or videotaped. Reduces shine and simplifies lighting arrangements. Removable finish wipes off easily semi-drying formula leaves no marks."

Could this be the answer for us base/cc guys?
go over too www.vetteheads.com ,click on tech and post this question as there are guys over there that do this for a living

paintdaddy, as I understand it for NCRS judging the biggest give-a-way to a non-original clear coated paint job is the high gloss clear coated door jabs. My 78SA was repainted with base/cc but other than that its original. I'm thinking of having it judged so I'd like to dull down the door jabs so its not so obvious its cc'd.

motorman, thanks for the suggestion...I'll check it out.

If your car is painted in typical BC/CC style, don't worry about your door jambs. During judging, your paint job will stand out as 'non-lacquer' from 20 feet away.

Thanks for your opinion, Vettehead. But I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom