Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dump the remotes get Homelink

bobs78

Corvette
50th AE vert - 25th SA - 54 Polo White
Are you tried of hanging remotes on your sunvisor or fumbling for them in the car?

Here's a neat little upgrade for your C3...get a Homelink unit from a wreck and install it in the glove compartment. No major or visable modification necessary. Total cost less than $50.00!

I just installed one in my 78SA, only took about an hour. Just connect the two wires from the Homelink unit to the glove box light wires which is always hot and make a 3/4x1 1/2 inch hole in the top left part of the glove box plastic insert to mount the unit and your done :upthumbs

That's pretty cool. I love those gadgets and I'm not a gadget freak. I don't even know what an ipod *IS* yet.

I was seriously thinking of installing one or two of those adjustable eyeball dome lights from a late 70's, early eighties 280-zx. They look kinda like a fresh air vent that you find above your head in a passenger jet. I actually bought one from a junk yard but haven't gotten the nerve to cut my headliner up. I would like some kinda dome light though eventually.

Thanks for sharing...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom