Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyeing Leather seats/Steering wheel

Papa

Corvette
95 Dk Red/Blk Ragtop
Anyone been here/doen that. Dricers side upper and lower edges need dying and the Leather wrapped wheel looks like it coudl use it as well. Seems like it shouldnt be a big deal...but wonder what kind of results I can expect?
Offer is in on the car (72) waitiing for response...making a list of to-dos:confused

I've tried to dye my interior. Dashboard, and sidepanels looks ok, but the dye on my seats start to fall off rather quick. When I look at the link above, I see that my cleaning process should have been more thourough.

I have had really good results with the spray can dye from Corvette America. I sprayed my steering wheel and several pieces which came out great. Took my time, made sure everyting was prepped right....Also sprayed my seats just this week with Oyster White spray as thats the color in my '79. They came out well. Just go slow...cover everything u don't want spray on...Iprobably put 3 applications on over the course of 2 hours.....Overspray is a killer....Good Luck....

Papa said:
Anyone been here/doen that. Dricers side upper and lower edges need dying and the Leather wrapped wheel looks like it coudl use it as well. Seems like it shouldnt be a big deal...but wonder what kind of results I can expect?
Offer is in on the car (72) waitiing for response...making a list of to-dos:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom