Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dyno results on the super nat 475.....

soon a i can break free and get a camera . i dont know what one to get .i usually mess this stuff up .debs better at getting the right one . what a good easy one that will connect to a computor ? maybe i can get one on tues . your suggestions are very much needed so i dont fubar this :rotfl

All the point and shoot cameras worth a darn, will have a cable that connects the camera to the pc for transfer. It is typically a specific plug to the camera and a USB plug on the other end.

On other computers, there might be a memory stick, SD, or other card reading slot on the side. If not, you might need a "card reader" if you do not have the cable.

here is a link to many cameras and their features: http://www.target.com/b/ref=sc_fe_l_1_1042096_5/602-6817785-4460669?ie=UTF8&node=160177011

t hankyou for your help .maybe i can get the right one now .how do i get ahold of callaway . do they give you the info on your car if you ask them . or do you have to write them?:beer

t hankyou for your help .maybe i can get the right one now .how do i get ahold of callaway . do they give you the info on your car if you ask them . or do you have to write them?:beer
For specifics on your car and how Callaway built it, Call Joanne @ Callaway Cars 860,434,9002

Have your VIN # ready, this is how cars are discussed and records maintained.:cool

I don't believe my mufflers are stainless as they are showing signs signs of age, corrosions around the seams etc...
The Walkers are embossed with the Dynomax logo also. I think it will be quite difficult to put the exhaust back 100% original, but it looks like a 2.75 diameter system could be built with a little work.
I hope I don't sound like a jerk here, I don't intend to be one. Are you sure that the exhaust is what Callaway supplied? Or does anyone know if it changed over the years?

It's just that $4,500 for some $100 super turbos and some pipe seems a bit excessive. There's nothing wrong with Callaway using components from other makers, but the price seems a bit out of line.

i agree .maybe its nnot the right price .i will ck when i call to find out about my 92 0115 car

I was way off with my recollection:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?
Here's the part numbers and prices they sent me in June of this year:

Headers (P/N 208.45.4950): $1,290.
Exhaust (P/N 208.45.4800): $1,850.
Clutch & Flywheel Kit, Single Mass -
(P/N 213.45.5550, 1990-93): $1,015.
(P/N 213.45.5551, 1994-95): $1,015.
C.h.i.e.f. Package (P/N 201.45.0021): $4,690.
SuperNatural 475 Package (P/N 208.45.0011) $13,350.
SuperNatural 490 Package (P/N 208.45.0001): $19,350.

Bob, the exhaust "can" on my SNAT was punched in when I bought the car from the broker having backed into a parking curb - Doh! :eyerole

Anyways, it always bothered me and in 2004, I sent the car by tractor trailer to Old Lyme and had a new muffler welded on. Now I think it was about $120 for the big - high polished muffler and it carried a walker part # just as earlier center exhausts (some) carried Supertrapp part #s.

The expensive part was getting it TIG welded on. It was something like $1,200 to replace the muffler and sectionin about 2 ft. of new stainless bends. They use sections of stainless bends to make the SNAT exhaust, not a machine.

I could not find ANYONE local to do this caliber of welding, period. Not even Robert's custom exhaust - and he is the BEST in our area...

So that's what it takes for the right stuff - My motto has always been, support the company, and they in turn will support us.

Even saving $20.00 on one thing, or $80.00 on another, I would rather send my dollars to Old Lyme. It keeps the lights on ;)

I hope I don't sound like a jerk here, I don't intend to be one. Are you sure that the exhaust is what Callaway supplied? Or does anyone know if it changed over the years?

It's just that $4,500 for some $100 super turbos and some pipe seems a bit excessive. There's nothing wrong with Callaway using components from other makers, but the price seems a bit out of line.
My car definitely has the original exhaust. I don't have a seperate price for the exhaust as this was part of total $14,000.00 475 upgrade package.
That $4500.00 sounds like it must have been for the Center outlet Exhaust system.

That $4500.00 sounds like it must have been for the Center outlet Exhaust system.
Yeah, I was off with my memory. $1,850 for the SN exhaust. Possibly the center outlet one was the $4,500 one, or possibly I was confusing the CHIEF package price. :confused

Chris, thanks for the confirmation also on the system. That's interesting. I wonder what the center "mixing chamber" is then? Sounds like you could piece together a similar system, Brad. Though the double-D tips may be hard to come by. I can't say I'd be too concerned with the appearance of welds on my exhaust, but there are certainly different strokes for different folks. And I don't expect Callaway to do it for cut-rate pricing either. I just didn't expect the components to be off-the-shelf kind of stuff. Again, nothing wrong with that, just surprised me. :beer

for 1850 i might consider it but then on this car the final choice is this little red headed lady whose car it is . so now she can choose . i know that headers are going on her . guess stainless works the only game in town there . sure wish corey had jeals still.. so is the value of this the car get hurt if we were to add an areo body? this is something i think she does want to dos since we are getting a spray booth for my shop. just love painteing and preping cars. glad i got opps we/she got a callaway . you are a nice fun group of guys that are a pleasure to hang with here. and patient with a newbe to a callaway

In my opinion, the AeroBody will not hurt the value of the car. In fact, I thnk it adds value in a big way ($$$) Especually if you are capable of installing it to the same standards as Old Lyme.

I know that some have as much as an addl. $8k in paint/body after the purchase of the kit itself :eek

Call Joanne and she can send you the AeroBody. It is right at, or a tick over $8k for the complete package :cool Last I checked, they should be in stock now :beer

Brad the $4500 exhaust is one that I had Callaway make for me. It is a true dual exhaust with megaphones.It is 2 3/4 all the way back with a crossover and is all stainless steel with highflow cats and Megaphones. Turbo Luigi has the second exhaust made this way I do not know if anyone else has gotten one made for them.Good luck with the car. Pete

man i love the aero body the front of that car just looks plain mean . i remember seeing one in my rear view mirror while driving my mothers caddy . i just went wow. we will see what the boss wants . if she wants it then its done . i dont have a problem with the body work . 2 of my uncles have been restoring all sort of exotics for 35 years .so if we do it we will have to have them up for a few days david really thought it was cool we got a callaway so i think it would be an easy sell. we will send it to the boss for a decision .onca again thankyou for the help, really glad i joined here . fun/good guy group:upthumbs

The exhaust thing is very confusing...

this SHOULD not be the $4500 exhaust...
c8.jpg

c9.jpg

This is what its supposed to be....
DSCN0703.gif

DSCN0709.gif

DSCN0705.gif

how do you like the sound/power of it .very interesting wrinkles in the design . i wonder if the zr1 was the same ?. does yours exit in the center? how loud is it compared to a corsa or flowmaster . man i have lets see5 different exhaust systems no 7if you count the ones on the 2 cars .is that 23/4in or 3 in .i dlike to hear your thoughts on it . I am kinda trying to find the holy grail of exhaust . no power loss and quiet . stealthy , youngens dont think quiet cars are quick .guess i am going through my sneeky faze .

THE SOUND THE LT5 MAKES WITH CALLAWAY EXHAUST IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SOUND
OTHER CALLAWAYS MAKE WITH THE SAME EXHAUST.
?????
:)

wife wants to look at aerobody in person before comitting. bottemline sge doesnt want the car laid up right after the babies are born. i think..bottem line she wants to drive her for a while and is afraid i wont be done with it if i start now . hehe

Hi All, I have an off road exhaust with megaphones installed way back in 1990 on my 89 tt from callaway. As far as I know only a few tt cars have this exhaust system, but my knowledge is from memory and I have been out of the loop for a while. If all the owners that have the exhaust could chime in that would be cool. Brad go for it. I know its a little more money but its a custom job from one of the best and believe me you will get even more people talking about your car. Aerobody is a must. good luck and enjoy your one sweet ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom