Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno tune...

Corvette
Blk/Blk '96 LT4 Coupe
Hi all,
OK, here's the deal...

I have an LT4 w/ the mods listed below. The car runs great (to say the least ;) ) but the ECM/PCM? has never been touched. I'm planning to take it to AZ Speed & Marine for a dyno tune but I wouldn't mind a little education on this beforehand. I know for optimum performance a dyno tune is what I need to get the most out of my mods. (and believe it or not :L , "I'm done for now and I mean that honey" :L )...(ok, maybe some headers & 4:10 gears down the line :naughty: ) Also, I get the intermittent SES which I've been told is because of the ECM not reading the mods...TB, Cam etc...

Anybody have some experience or knowledge on this? ;help

Thx,
Jeff

OBTW, what the @#$! is LT1/4 edit? ;shrug

I know, I know...d**n newbies! :SLAP

Hey, I'm miles (literally :( ) from where I was when I got this car...so work w/ me. I can actually go near it now w/ a wrench and not get the shakes! :W :L

I'm pretty sure that Edit program you're talking about lets you check what the codes are, lower the fan temperature, correct the spedo for different sized tires and also correct the spedo for a rear end change.

C'mon OBD2 people...;help

I was considering my car dyno tuned too! How much are they charging you for exactly what service?? I am interested to see if anyone has more info. Nice LT-4!! :beer

CP

MARLTON LT-4 said:
I was considering my car dyno tuned too! How much are they charging you for exactly what service?? I am interested to see if anyone has more info. Nice LT-4!! :beer

CP

I haven't inquired about cost & such w/ them yet. I'm trying to gain a little pre-service education on the whole "dyno-tune" thing so I know (ahead of time) what I am up against. From what I understand, once you've added a few mods, a dyno-tune is the way to go w/ "our" cars. These OBD2 cars require the computer to be re-programmed where as the OBD1 cars can have a chip burnt.

Thx for the comment on my car! :D
BTW...I'll let ya' know price etc...when I talk w/ them.

AZ Speed & Marine specialize in this kind of stuff for LT1/4's, so of course I can gain some info from them, yet I wouldn't mind hearing from other LT1/4 owners who have done this to their cars and who did the work for them (re: price etc...)

JEFNLSA said:
AZ Speed & Marine specialize in this kind of stuff for LT1/4's, so of course I can gain some info from them, yet I wouldn't mind hearing from other LT1/4 owners who have done this to their cars and who did the work for them (re: price etc...)

There are a lot of you LT1/4 guys here who have had a dyno tune done. I wonder why they haven't responded. I remember reading about it.

UPDATE

Went to www.lt1edit.com & got all the info I could ever want.
I highly recommend registering w/ them if you want to know about LT1 Edit & Dyno Tuning.
Super quick replies from very helpful members! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom