Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DYNOMAX TURBO VS. ULTRAFLO MUFFLERS!

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
Are they the same muffler, one is one aluminium and one is stainless steel?

Or do they flow different?

Is one better than the other?

Where to get the best price on these mufflers?

I have had both. They look like the same muffler, but it is my belief that the ultra flow muffler flows better. The turbo mufflers were on my car for about 2 years, and they were in working order when I took them off. I replaced them with the ultra flow because I did my headers and exhaust and was told the ultra flow mufflers are free flowing.

Both sounded nice, but I would say the Ultra flow sound better, but that could be because of the headers!

If you are on a budget, would the turbo mufflers be alright?

Did your turbo mufflers rust easy?

Did they make a blumb blumb sound or a vroom vroom sound?:lou

If you dont keep the outlets clean, they will start to develop a little surface rust. Personally I think it was more of a vroom vroom sound!

I just installed the UltraFlo's on my 88 convertible. I also installed the Walker Y-pipe with the crossover tube. Sound is a little on the loud side for a convertible, but I was looking for an improved sound over stock. If you drop me a line privately with your e-mail address, I will get you a price. I am a Walker exhaust distributor.

Where were you two months ago? :)

I think I paid around 400 bucks shipped for the ultraflows.

I believe the difference is the Turbo has two 180-degree bends in it. The Ultraflow is straight through.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom