Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

E-Bay C-4 w/Bowling Green Photo Documentation

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Check out this interesting `89 roadster on E-Bay - - the photos in the posting reportedly document the car's build process with a new/trial DuPont paint process-- 20 layers of paint, sanding and clearcoat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4551157281&rd=1

The photos are wonderful ! Is anyone familiar with the car or the paint process? I don't recall reading about this - - -was it a one-off or were there a significant number in this trial ?

Regards-

tyrel

It's interesting, but he'll never get the price he's asking. Aside from the special paint job, there isn't anything different from a normal Corvette.

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
Nice pictures, It is interesting to have these together with your car.:)

though the price is a bit high as already said.

Corvette
none right now :(
I don't see where there is any proof it even has the special paint, the car is on the assembly line in the pics:confused

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Precisely my point! I remember a group of `74's that were delivered to the dealers in primer-only - - - and one at McDorman Chev in Columbus, OH was painted black because at the time, Corvette wasn't offering black (or perhaps was having QC probs)

I don't recall reading about any experimental paints (like Ford's Mystic Mustang color in `96). So much of this fellow's value is based upon it's uniqueness and the purported photo documentation (which by itself is pretty cool) There's so much great knowledge in these forums, I figured someone must know about it !

Regards-

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom