Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It has begun

Ripp 73

Corvette
1973 L82 Blue Coupe
My Chevrolet Dealership called me today and asked me if I wanted to enter a bid. A bid? A bid!

I believe he was in the $80k range when I hung up.

Holy crap!

:cry

I went by my local Chevy shop this past weekend and specifically DIDN'T talk about the Z06. Last time I was there I mentioned it and they claimed to have sold 4 already with a solid markup and had a long list of other sheep to shear.

I told them that anybody who'd pay over MSRP for a chevy is loony and anyone who'd charge it is a thief. . . They didn't seem to like that line of reasoning.

Honestly if buyers and sellers want to get together at whatever price who's to stop them? Those of us with a little more sanity (or just less money?) will have to sit on the sidelines and watch. . .

If I get lucky I'll get a "pre-depreciated" C6 Z06 in a few years at well below MSRP!

I recall them doing the same thing when the C6 was coming out. The C5 before that and on and on. You can't be very sympathetic to them when they get stuck with last years models and take it in the shorts.

Bob Chadwick said:
I recall them doing the same thing when the C6 was coming out. The C5 before that and on and on. You can't be very sympathetic to them when they get stuck with last years models and take it in the shorts.

Yeah, they do it with anything they think they see demand on.

As for the holdover models, I don't think they matter much. By the time they are in that mode they cultivate a "loss leader" mentality on a car that is still making them money in spite of the discounts. My local Chevy shop was practically "giving away" the end of the C5 run for a few grand under MSRP and buyers were snapping them up.

It wasn't until they offered me a new CE Z06 for low 40s that I thought they might be taking a loss on a car. At that point they were selling C6s for a 10K premium, though, so my sympathy was subdued!

E

That's what I predicted $85-90 grand for the first year C-6 Z06:W :W
in some areas only, but I bet the rest of the dealers will sell them around the asking price,,,,,,I Hope.

I have deposit on one for MSRP - which means, $65800, plus taxes and tags for the state of Maryland - I am not getting any options, as I figure the way it comes is good enough for me

Three?

c5vetter said:
I have deposit on one for MSRP - which means, $65800, plus taxes and tags for the state of Maryland - I am not getting any options, as I figure the way it comes is good enough for me

You are going to have Three ZO6's??? :W How do you do it? If you need a garage guard... I am looking for a job ;)

I belong to three different clubs here in Maryland and they are all fighting over who gets to ride shotgun! (VBG) chomping at the bit waiting for the dealer to tell what their allocations are so I can figure out when "THOR" will be built

Erik,

If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer and we're going to go shooting. But not necessarily in that order.:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom