Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

e-brake light stays on

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
after releasing the emergency brake this week, the "Brake" dash light stays on. is there a switch on the handle mechanism that controls the dash light?

I think I'd try putting the E-brake back on and then off again, the switch may just be a bit "sticky".

thanks, but I tried that, also tried another trick of backing up then setting and unsetting the e-brake. either worked.
probably something simple, but without removing the e-brake handle plastic cover, I thought I would ask the experts!

after releasing the emergency brake this week, the "Brake" dash light stays on. is there a switch on the handle mechanism that controls the dash light?

This will not fix the original problem, but it will take care of the bulb shining in you face. Just simply remove the bulb, or even easier just put some black electrical tape over the area where the bulb is at.

Not sure if this has anything to do with newer cars or not.

Some of the older cars in the 60's & 70's had a switch located between the two braking systems (It was usually near the master cylinder) that would also trip the brake light if there was an imbalance in the front and rear braking systems. The light would come on and stay on until the problem was corrected. Not even sure if this is done anymore. Do you have access to the service manuals?
TR:Steer

been there

On my 84 i have the brake to my left, I climb over it to enter the car, at the base of the handle there is a coil spring which I had to push (bend) back a bit to open the circut causing the light to stay on. i don't know about your 91, but it could work on the same principle, Hope this helps a bit. good luck

Doesn't the same light come on if the fluid level is low in the reservoir?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom