Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Easter ride

hdkeno

Corvette
2005 Victory Red coupe
Greetings all, and i hope all of you had or are having a good and healthy Easter Holiday.

Here in Ct we,like a good part of the country are experincing,much colder then normal temps. (The high here today was only 38, the normal for this date is about 57).

After a change of dinner plans with my brother and sister in law and the kids,(everyone came down with the flu) The wife and I went over to pay a visit to my best friend and his wife who lives about 18 miles away.

They were staying at home this Easter,as Sandy just underwent her first run of chemo,as she recently has been battling breast cancer.
We brought over a nice homemade coconut custer pie (her favorite) and a few other goodies.
The roads were dry and sand and salt free,so it was a good excuse as any to take the 81 for a nice drive.

After a nice visit i asked sandy if she wanted to take a ride in the vette.

She has never been in one but always admired them,and especially likes mine.

I took her for a spin,and that really seemed to put a smile on her face.

She especially enjoyed looking up throught the glass t-tops and seeing the sky,and really liked the ride.

I was going to let her take a turn at the wheel,and she reminded me that she never learned how to drive a stick.

Needless to say,the little ride in the vette did brighten her day somewhat,and it did make a nice holiday encore,as well as getting the 81 out for some exercise,and thoughts of warmer (soon I hope) days to come.

Happy Easter to all,Later, Ken

:upthumbs Ken,

Sounds more like a helping a friend make it through some tough times than an excuse to get your 81 out ;) Proud to have you as member of the Registry and the Corvette Action Center Community ;) :upthumbs

Bud

thats being a good friend!!!!!!! :upthumbs

Happy Easter Ken! What a thoughtful gesture. Thanks for being one of the "good ones".

Thanks all, for the nice words,and yes it was a nice feeling, and to Bud, I am proud to be a member of this fine forum.

Great wealth of knowledge here, and great people to boot.

Ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom