Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Easy shift knob Jesus pin removal

Villain

Corvette
2000 Pewter Hardtop
What's up Folks?

A couple of weeks ago I put a B&M Ripper and a new shift knob on the vette. I found what has got to be the easiest way to remove the Jesus pin.
You know those tools you get for removing paint can lids? Get one of those and start on the front corner of the pin, nearest the radio and pry it up as far as you can, which will be about 3/16". Move to the back corner and pry up the remainder of the way. The pin pops right out. Takes about 2 minutes. No more pliers and screw drivers and blocks of wood.

Villain said:
What's up Folks?

A couple of weeks ago I put a B&M Ripper and a new shift knob on the vette. I found what has got to be the easiest way to remove the Jesus pin.
You know those tools you get for removing paint can lids? Get one of those and start on the front corner of the pin, nearest the radio and pry it up as far as you can, which will be about 3/16". Move to the back corner and pry up the remainder of the way. The pin pops right out. Takes about 2 minutes. No more pliers and screw drivers and blocks of wood.
Mine was so difficult that it broke my paint can opener. You owe me!!!! :L Just kidding, but it did break the tip off. I had a tool I bought from an auto parts store for removing door panels. It's kind of a fork like tool with a slight angle at the base. It fit right under the pin from the front side. It was tough but finally, boing, the pin flew out and bounced off the ceiling. I'm happy with my new carbon fiber knob/lever shifter but I can't seem to make it rigid at the proper alignment. Need to look closer at what to do to tighten it up.

DWW said:
Mine was so difficult that it broke my paint can opener. You owe me!!!! :L Just kidding, but it did break the tip off. I had a tool I bought from an auto parts store for removing door panels. It's kind of a fork like tool with a slight angle at the base. It fit right under the pin from the front side. It was tough but finally, boing, the pin flew out and bounced off the ceiling. I'm happy with my new carbon fiber knob/lever shifter but I can't seem to make it rigid at the proper alignment. Need to look closer at what to do to tighten it up.
DWW,
Sorry about your paint can opener. That bugger must have been really seized in there. Mine was easy as a two dollar hooker.;LOL Well, atleast you got it out.
Happy shifting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom