Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ebay any good for tires & wheels?

ZQQM

I'm looking to buy new wheels and tires and was wondering if any one has had a good experience buying from ebay sellers. I'm seeing those Hankook 275/40/17 tires included in some packages. I have never heard of these tires. I'm looking at those chrome C6 style wheels. Do you guys think they would look good on a C4? Any one have any suggestions? Thank You in advance.

Wheels and tires

I haven't bought from e-bay but will relate a recent on-line experience with Lakeshore Wheel and Tire out of Holland Michigan, they advertise in Corvette Magazine. The guy has great prices on tire/wheel packages but doesn't seem to stock anything. They take your order, charge your credit card and then order from a supplier. I was happy with the chrome ZR1 replica wheels and tires I purchased once they arrived but they took nearly a month to get here, calls to "customer service" fell on deaf ears. As mentioned his prices are good if you don't mind waiting.

I did buy a set of used wheels/tires for my wifes BMW a few years ago off of E-bay and all went well. But like anything else from E-bay, it can vary based on who you are dealing with.

I've bought tires from Tirerack and Jegs with great results.
I buy things from ebay all the time, but I wouldn't get tires or wheels from anyone there unless they're regularly in that business, and you can check their rep here, and know exactly who they really are, and their real address.
I wouldn't put my life on the line using an unknown seller's Product !

tonylong said:
I've bought tires from Tirerack and Jegs with great results.
I buy things from ebay all the time, but I wouldn't get tires or wheels from anyone there unless they're regularly in that business,!
I agree with that, I would buy tires from a known dealer only, like Tire Rack, you never know with tires.
Wheels are a different story, check the feedback, if they sell allot of wheels with good feedback, its a good bet.;)

Wheel's and Tires

What I've done is find the tire/price at tirerack.com and asked the local Goodyear dealer if he can match the price. I just installed a new set of Eagle F1 GS D3 tire's with this method.

I just ordered a set of ZR1 17" type chrome rims for my C4 (1986 vert) from Corvette Mike's out of California (www.corvettemikes.com). Had them in stock, shipped next day, good price, threw in the chrome air valves and got center caps and lug nut covers for half price. These fit my C4 with no adapter ring required. Phone number is 1-800-327-8388. Worth a call. Ordered the tires from Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com). They have the best prices and almost always have the tires in stock with a 3-4 day delivery time. This is my 2 cents worth after a week of surfing the web looking for the best deal.

There have been lots of guys on the "other forum" which have purchased wheel/tire combos from OEwheels (ebay seller). Most have had good experiences. I bought my ZR1 replicas from Bones Enterprises (ebay) and am very pleased with the product, service and price. They offer Wheel tire combos and I think they would do you right. Here is a link to one of their auctions, not the wheel you are looking for, but scroll toward the bottom and they have all the wheels/sizes that they sell, I contacted them via email and they worked up a deal on just what I wanted/needed. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-CORVETTE-1988-1996-C4-CHROME-ZR1-RIM-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66482QQitemZ8073106103QQtcZphoto
By the way in the ad for the wheels, mine is the white 94 with the silver ZR1's

pns0ccc said:
What I've done is find the tire/price at tirerack.com and asked the local Goodyear dealer if he can match the price. I just installed a new set of Eagle F1 GS D3 tire's with this method.

I did that same. I found what I wanted and went to the local NTB. At first they hesitated but after a short discussion we worked a price for the same tires that I was considering at Tirerack. NTB didn't stock the tires I wanted but ordered them and I went back 3 days later and had them mounted. The tires ended up costing me the same as they would have from Tirerack and the mounting/balancing cost. Much less hassle then having them shipped to my house then hauling them out to have them munted/balanced.

My Vette is a Ebay car, I purchased it, its chrome wheels and many of the replacement parts. Like many say, you need to be very careful to only buy from people with many good references. Good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom