Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[EBAY] Brand New 1991 LT5 Engine For Sale

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
sweet............what do they usually sell for thou? i have no idea what they're worth......

The guy wants a butt load for it ! I would suspect, He would have been better off the drive it a little and at least have some fun with it. :J

I agree.... too bad it is such a pain to swap out the LT5 into non-ZR1 C4's.... It would make for one heck of a sleeper, especially in an early C4... say 84-87.

Vettelt193 said:
I would have to wonder about an engine that hasn't been started in over 10 years though:eyerole

I talked to Gordon Killebrew about just this issue. He said that there would be no problem with the engine at all, provided it was stored properly in climate controlled environment and the plastic wrap was not disturbed. Since it is owned by a GM dealer and from the picture, they do have other engines in inventory, I think it is safe to assume it has been stored properly. ALSO, if it is installed in a ZR-1, there is a 12 month, 12,000 warranty on the engine.

The engine will sell as there is not a reserve on it. If you can use it now or in the future, it's a bargain. Just a head costs 5,000 and a stock rebuild is about the same. Plug wires alone are selling for $300+. There will come a day when yhese things will be like gold. Need an early oil pump? Not even available unless you buy a late one and transfer parts.

damn, its at 7,500 right now! i could get a vette for almost half that price!

Just gets my heart thumping!!!

Too bad for the buyer I have seen a few 405 HP motors going for 10.5K

there are some decent deals out there and I will find mine

as soon as the wife lets me hahahah

johnny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom