Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EBAY strategy

if you can't throw it up on a lift and have somebody good look at it, don't buy it.

81 Corvette said:
if you can't throw it up on a lift and have somebody good look at it, don't buy it.

Wow, I suppose you'd pass up on a lot of good deals that way.

i think it's just important to feel out the seller by talking on the phone, and get a feeling for whether or not they are telling you the truth. then you can get a good indication of what your going in to. keep in mind, these cars are all around 30 years old. finding one in perfect shape, that has never been touched is difficult at best, and when you do find that car, you'll pay for it. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BUYING A CAR THAT NEEDS WORK!. just make sure you pay the right amount for it to justify spending a couple of bucks. The 69 vert I just bought is a great looking car. everywhere I go, people stop me and ask questions. I paid $20k for it. I figured it would need a few things, and even after wheels and other misc stuff, if I dump another $5k into it, I'm not too worried, because it's worth at least $25k then, I break even, and have the car of my dreams. So what if there's a 1 inch tear in the side of the top, top kits are less than $200. There are plenty of good deals out there, that people get scared away from because "the seat has a tear in it". So friggin what, replacement seat upholstery is about $200.00. big deal.

Too many people don't realize that very little decisions in life are irreversable. Let's say you buy a car off ebay, and negotiate a good price, you get the car, and it's crap. Does that mean you are out all your $$$. Nope. Slap that ***** right back on ebay, and maybe you'll even make a few bucks.

Oceangal, I bought my car from 'usedcorvettesforsale.com' It is just an advertising post of real people with real cars that you can go look at. Some are dealers, some are private individuals. If you want a shark, click on 'C3' and browse to your hearts content. Again, good luck with your search.
Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom