Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ebay

12k with 5 days left. Seems like it's already overpriced in the condition it's in. Hopefully somebody will bring it back to life.

That car is pretty rough. Looks like salt corrosion under the hood and it is from Jersey. Sitting to close to the ocean for a long time could absolutely ruin a car.

At first glance it didn't seem to bad, but I started looking more and adding it up in my head and WOW is it going to cost some $$ to get it going again... assuming it still runs. (seem a little odd to anyone else that a running car was just parked?)

I think I'm pretty conservative with my numbers below...

It needs (just from the pictures)
Paint : $3-4k
Interior : $2k
Brakes : $500 (new rotors & pads)

Assuming it also needs:
Fluids: $200
Hoses, lines, etc. : $500
Tires: $500
Battery: $100
Suspension checkup/fix :$500

Optional to make it really nice:
Polish/paint/detail engine and compartment : $blood/sweat/tears
Wheels re-done $800
New calipers / brake upgrade : $1000?
New Top: $1000
other random stuff: $1000

So, whoever buys it is going to be in for a good $7k +++

$500 for hoses and lines would be a dream. Better plan on closer to $1500-2000 unless you do the work yourself.

$500 for hoses and lines would be a dream. Better plan on closer to $1500-2000 unless you do the work yourself.

This is true - for cars that have sat for long periods of time, possibly not stored in the best method(s), it would be cheap insurance to go ahead and replace all lines for oil and coolant under the car and in the eng. compartment. I did, and $500, it was not. :cool

Is someone on this board bidding??? :v :w

WOW, I didn't know I was that low :crazy

One of the bidders isn't listed at all anymore, and the price actually fell by a few hundred bucks... I wonder what happened

SOLD!

12k with 5 days left. Seems like it's already overpriced in the condition it's in. Hopefully somebody will bring it back to life.

Winning bid:US $15,400.00

:eek looks like prices are cetainly NOT going down on these cars :cool

Long ago I mentioned that the following C4 Corvettes would be the "hot ones" in the marketplace - looks like that is holding true still...

Here is my list:
  • Corvette Challenge cars (1988-1989 and 1990 R9G)
  • Callaway Corvettes
  • Corvette Grand Sport

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom