Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ecm

Jim D

Corvette
1987 yellow vert
I have a 93 and I want to remove the ecm for painting ,at least I think thats what it is . Its the box that has the chip in it. Can I just unplug it and take it off , and how do you unplug it. Thanks for your help as usual Jim.

If it's anything like my 85 just be sure to disconnect battery prior to disconnecting/removing. There should be a couple of harnesses that simply unplug.
By the way, you're painting the car not the ECM:eek

I would not unplug the ECM unless I had to, there are tons of contacts inside the connectors and tons of chances for a bad connection. I would unbolt it and carefully move it around as much as I could. But, that's just my opinion I could be wrong...

ECM paint

I'm with jeepie!!!! Paint the car, put a plastic bag on the ecm

:beer

I have done it successfully before, but the connector plug has about 50 (?) very
small pins that are hard to line up when you re-connect. It is one of those things that you say " I think that went in correctly" , I don't think that I will try that again. :eek

ECM update

After your comments I painted the ecm on the car just masked everthing off turned out great. Thanks for all of your input Jim.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom