Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Edelbrock Carb- Whhat inline fuel kit do I need and How do I customize the linkage

longdillon1

Corvette
1975 Red Corvette Coupe
Hi I just bought an edelbrock 2101 intake and 1406 carb. I need the inlune fuel kit so I can cut the metal line and install the inline fuel filter and rubber hose. I also need the linkage part as well as any throttle adjust ment parts. can someone point me in the right way?
Thanks

Well I don't have a problem with rubber line, but only use it on the top side. I cut the metal line after it came over the intake and ran rubber from there to the carb. That also give room to place an inline filter between there and the carb.

I'm not sure about what you need to know about linkage parts. I cut a stock cable hold mount and bolted it to the same left rear carb bolt; the little tap on the mount fit into the extra bolt hole to keep the mount in place. It's has worked fine for the last couple of years.

Gary

I agree w/ Mike. If you do use rubber, try to get the kind that they use on FI cars. It's more substantial than regular fuel line hose.

You can buy steel line w/ the fittings already on and all you have to do is bend it to fit. Comes in different lengths. Remember that fire and fiberglass don't mix very well.

are these cars more fire prone than others.
i have read time and time again about using rubber lines when changing carbs and how horrible it is but i look under the hood of even newer cars and the fuel line is rubber.

are these cars more fire prone than others.

Fiberglass burns much better than steel. There's no problem with rubber lines before the pump and away from the engine. The problem is with standard rubber hose AFTER the pump where there is pressure and heat. No car has regular rubber hoses downstream of a pump. EFI hoses are rubber coated but are reinforced internally to hold high pressure.

I believe I used my original linkage mount from the quadrajet carb and just bent it a little and a little grinding. I also have the tv cable for the 700R4 tranny installed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom