Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electric Exhaust Cut Outs

shopview

Corvette
94 Callaway SNAT450TT,96 Callaway CE,91 B2K TT-001
Anyone have this on their LT1 or LT4 corvettes? Pictures, links, pro/cons, would be interesting.... Anyone ever done this on Borla CATback systems?

Thanks

The people I've talked with who have installed them, put them in the rear Y-pipe, before the axle. I want a set, but I want to install them at my collectors. No matter though; at the moment I can't afford 'em anyway. :L

Ken said:
The people I've talked with who have installed them, put them in the rear Y-pipe, before the axle. I want a set, but I want to install them at my collectors. No matter though; at the moment I can't afford 'em anyway. :L
Ken check with the manufacture before you buy them.

Last winter I wanted to install them on my headers quick time said I needed at least 9 inches for Y pipe ( cutout) and electric motor and I decided to wait until I could build a 3 inch system all the way back and put the cutouts near the axle but ahead of the mufflers. Not much room at the collectors.

pro's.
easy to open up inside the cabin.
can open any time you want.

con's
stop working
exhaust blow by.

i am thinking the same thing after the collector but hearing alot of negative things about electric cutout's i know i can't get under the car and disconnect them easily with out jacking the car up. so i'll just run my turn down's on the rear Y pipe like i do now :D

does anyone have a link to where you can buy these? Sounds pretty cool, I'd like to check them out. :cool

Thanks Ken! They look pretty cool, I'll have to save some $$$! Mic, I may be back down to see ya with some of these. Does anyone know the diameter of the Borla cat back system sold by Summit?

I've been meaning to fix my signature, I'll remove it for the time being, thanks.

firedawg said:
Thanks Ken! They look pretty cool, I'll have to save some $$$! Mic, I may be back down to see ya with some of these. Does anyone know the diameter of the Borla cat back system sold by Summit?

I've been meaning to fix my signature, I'll remove it for the time being, thanks.
i don't know the diameter but probably 2 1/2" or 3". no problem just call to schedule an appt. need to do something about those resinator's first and a race cat to get the cutouts full potential.

That's all in my plan, I'd like to get them all done at the same time, that's where the wait comes in :( gotta wait to save up the $$!

Borla has 2 systems (or did at one point)

The Challenge system is 2-3/4" Dia.
The Standard system is 2-1/2" Dia.

I have the challenge system but no cut-outs.

firedawg said:
That's all in my plan, I'd like to get them all done at the same time, that's where the wait comes in :( gotta wait to save up the $$!
ever think about just muffler eliminators out the back on your LT1 tips? we can do that too and will be cheaper with a nice solid 350 note :D

just let us know what you decide to do ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom