Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Electric Exhaust Cutouts

Bones280

Corvette
1999 White Coupe
Hey Everyone,

I have a question. I’m getting ready to put a 6.0 in my 99 C5 and I’m going to put new Kooks headers and X-pipe and I want to put Electric Exhaust Cutouts. Is there a kit out there? Has anyone put them on and is there a brand I need to be looking at? Thanks

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

Check them out.

I've used their cutout on my 99 Firehawk for many years and LOVED it.

I'll be buying my first vette in less than a week and i'll be considering throwing one on that too!

cut out install

Check them out.

I've used their cutout on my 99 Firehawk for many years and LOVED it.

I'll be buying my first vette in less than a week and i'll be considering throwing one on that too!
Did you install the cutouts yet? I'm considering an install of Qtec 50's on my 02 c5. has anyone done this yet? Also where exactly do they go on? Any install c5 pics anyone?
thanks!

Cut outs

Did you install the cutouts yet? I'm considering an install of Qtec 50's on my 02 c5. has anyone done this yet? Also where exactly do they go on? Any install c5 pics anyone?
thanks!

I have not installed mine yet. I went with Race Ready Performance 3in cutout kit. I have the wires run but Im having trouble with the placement there's not a lot of room under the car for them. I keep you updated on the progress. If or when I get them installed I'll post some pics of them. Thanks and good luck with your install. :w

FYI: I you have a automatic transmission there isn’t enough room under the car because of the transmission pan. I tried to install mine this weekend and found that out after already buying a cutout kit from Race Ready Performance. If you have a 6 speed you have nothing to worry about you should have plenty of room.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom