Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! electrical problem

stumped

Corvette
1987 convertible
I own an 87 vette convertible. The battery went dead on me while I was driving. I replaced the battery after checking it out and finding it defective. Still I only got 11.3 volt readout at the alternator. Replaced that. Now i get an 11.5 reading. Also when I turn on the lights a warning chime sounds. Any ideas.
Stumped

Stumped, Welcome to CAC. :w I believe you will find the help you need to fix your C4. But in order to get the specific help you need I am going to move this post to C4 Tech. That will allow the right audience to see the post and offer their help. :thumb

Stumped, Welcome to CAC. :w I believe you will find the help you need to fix your C4. But in order to get the specific help you need I am going to move this post to C4 Tech. That will allow the right audience to see the post and offer their help. :thumb

Here a link from a past forum with a Similar complaint granted it is for a 89 but I think the systems are Marginally close enough for some trouble shooting. Sorry it came from another forum but lets face we all cruise the other ones, and I didnt even realize it until I linked it from Google while searching for a schematic of a charging system .
Alternator good not charging battery - Corvette Forum

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom