Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical problem

C7808

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 2lt. Watkins Glen Gray
I thought I would pass this on to C7 owners in case this happens to your car. Within a few days after taking delivery of my 2017 Grand Sport, the left-front turn signal stopped working. I took it back to the dealer. I was told that the entire turn signal/headlight assembly needed to be replaced because the turn signal bulbs are of the LED type. So, GM shipped a new assembly to my dealer. The dealer installed the new assembly, but it didn't work either. Eventually, it was discovered that the real problem was with a small computerized module box which actually controls the turn signal. So, GM shipped a new module box, which finally fixed the problem. The module box replacement process took 3.5 hours. They had to remove the front clip and left-front tire for access.

Last edited:
Good to know! Thanks for posting this!!

Little thigy broken

I thought I would pass this on to C7 owners in case this happens to your car. Within a few days after taking delivery of my 2017 Grand Sport, the left-front turn signal stopped working. I took it back to the dealer. I was told that the entire turn signal/headlight assembly needed to be replaced because the turn signal bulbs are of the LED type. So, GM shipped a new assembly to my dealer. The dealer installed the new assembly, but it didn't work either. Eventually, it was discovered that the real problem was with a small computerized module box which actually controls the turn signal. So, GM shipped a new module box, which finally fixed the problem. The module box replacement process took 3.5 hours. They had to remove the front clip and left-front tire for access.

A few days back to dealer? About like 80,000 bucks. Amazing the gaul of GM to put that out there isn't it?
I'm sure you were very happy right? It's believable not unbelievable. A world class car a few days? The whole left front its not the fact that stuff happens it just doesn't seem to happen to other$80,000 "world class cars" I'm sure someone can say it can happen to any of them. It just happens to Corvettes a lot. Can you say Jeep Cherokee. I've had 7 of them what can I say?

corvette addict

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom