Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical problems. Why ?! Why always electrical problems ?!!!

yello80vette

Corvette
1980 Frost Beige Corvette
A few weeks back the heater blower stopped working in my 1980. Of course, first thing I did was check the fuse and, yep, it was blown. So I installed a nice new pretty green 30 amp and it blew immediately. Making sure it just wasn't a bad fuse I tried one more time and, Pow. It blew too. So somewhere there's a short, right? I tested the switch and it was fine. I inspected all the wiring I was able to access and it all appears to be in very good condition. Upon the suggestion of someone and since they're not expensive, I ordered a new blower motor. Thing is, when I removed the old one I found that it wasn't the original as I'd assumed. It had a manufacture date of 2001 on it so the previous owner must have replaced it. Being electrically ignorant the only other thing I could think to do it take the wire to the blower motor and connect it to the ground wire to the blower motor, turn on the power, turn on the blower switch then touch the two prongs where the fuse goes with my tester to see if the light comes on. Well it didn't. So . . . does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I could try to find out why this thing isn't working before I have to tear the entire dash apart to trace every inch of the wiring? Anything . . . ? Anyone . . . ?

Try hooking up from a battery that is separate from the Vette and see if it runs.
If you have to take your battery out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

if you have a spare battery,use a couple of jumper wires,to power your blower motor.
or disconnect the battery in your vette or one of you cars and jumper the positive and negative sides.
if the blower still works then your vette has a short in it.have you tried putting a fuse in while the blower motor is out,
to see if it still blows???if it does,you may have to start tracing wires to find the short.
good luck!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom