Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electronic Issues !!!

HillVette

Corvette
2000 Coupe
Hello All....new to this site....seems like a perfect place to get answers....Hate to ask all these questions...but heck going to anyways :L.......just got a 2000 Coupe....have a few issues with electronics....come to find out had a remote starter...got rid of that at GM dealer....it fixed a few issues along with some security issues....my check engine light and airbag lights still do not come on when I first start the car, as I think they should....also I get the message...check tire pressure monitoring system every so often....goes away with reset...but in between that it seems to work fine and gives me the correct tire pressure...also seems like I cannot lock the passenger door with the key....auto lock with inside switch works fine....getting a new fob as the one that came with the car was a aftermarket for the autostart which is now gone...hopefully the new fob will lock both doors....any info or help would be great...Thanks Guys !!!
Al

Hello All....new to this site....seems like a perfect place to get answers....Hate to ask all these questions...but heck going to anyways :L.......just got a 2000 Coupe....have a few issues with electronics....come to find out had a remote starter...got rid of that at GM dealer....it fixed a few issues along with some security issues....my check engine light and airbag lights still do not come on when I first start the car, as I think they should....also I get the message...check tire pressure monitoring system every so often....goes away with reset...but in between that it seems to work fine and gives me the correct tire pressure...also seems like I cannot lock the passenger door with the key....auto lock with inside switch works fine....getting a new fob as the one that came with the car was a aftermarket for the autostart which is now gone...hopefully the new fob will lock both doors....any info or help would be great...Thanks Guys !!!
Al
Pull the codes and post them(All of them!),Lets see what you got!:thumb

Instructions below!(Don't dump the codes yet though!):thumb

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-technical-performance/72535-pulling-codes-c5.html

PS. It's fine to go to the other site listed,but some people like to try to self diagnose and have No Idea what is relevant or not!!So they only post what they THINK are Relevant!!:L:L:L
I need to see them all,some systems are tied together so we need to see whats Happening!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks for the reply gmjunkie...it seems all is working well now with the new key fob...getting check engine light and airbag light checked tomorrow...will let you know if I need more help...Thanks again for the help...I'm sure I will need some more help later...
Al

Here are the codes I do get on my 2000 Corvette...any info or help would be appreciated....Thanks !!!
10-PCM - P0420 H C
- P0430 H C
- P1631 H C
- P1637 H
- P1638 H
40-BCM - B2721 H
99-HVAC- B0338 H C
A0-LDCM- U1096 H
A1-RDCM- U1096 H
B0-RFA - U1096 H
- U1064 H
- U1016 H
As of tonight my check engine light came on so I thought I would check the codes and post them, and here they are !!! Thanks again !!!
Al

With all those codes, you've got plenty of time with the FSM ahead of you.

If the check engine and the air bag lights do not come on at bulb-check, you may have other problems as well. Sometimes, when you don't see a light at bulb check, it means that some previous owner (freakin' morons!) has removed the bulbs from those lights to mislead a prospective buyer.

Hi Al and welcome to the :CAC !!

These guys will keep you on the right track to eliminate the issues with your C5. :thumb Hope you're well on your way to resolution so you can get on with the enjoyment phase.

:wJane Ann

Hey gmjunkie...if you don't mind looking, I have posted those codes for you since I have had a few more issues since then ! Thanks again gmjunkie...
Al

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom