Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Emergency Brake problem!!!!!

Ricochett

Corvette
1969 Corvette convertible
Can some one help me get on the right track i am trying to
install a set of emergency brakes Stainless steel the problem i am having is
were the parking brake Actuating Lever sits in between the two shoes it is keeping the shoes from touching the Anchor post about a 1/4 of inch what am i doing wrong?? does anybody have pictures or a link to help me out!

Thanxs Joe

No picture. Let me see if I understand- When you put the actuator in, it spreads the shoes away from the stop at the top over the actuator? Is the adjuster at the bottom installed? And is the actuator lever not flipped 180* from where it's supposed to be? It's been 5 years since I was into my PB, and my photographic memory has burned out it's light bulb.

If the shoes are too close at the bottom, they will spread apart at the top.

Thanxs Tim for your time!! i figure it out i had some rights and left mixed up!
maybe to many Miller Lites! lol......:happyanim:

No picture. Let me see if I understand- When you put the actuator in, it spreads the shoes away from the stop at the top over the actuator? Is the adjuster at the bottom installed? And is the actuator lever not flipped 180* from where it's supposed to be? It's been 5 years since I was into my PB, and my photographic memory has burned out it's light bulb.

If the shoes are too close at the bottom, they will spread apart at the top.

You can take the info you get from Gary (GTR1999),as they say, as the "FINAL Answer". I've seen his work- not only pictures of it and how he gets there, but also up close and personal. Top quality.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom