Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EMT Tires

Tomrw

Corvette
2000 Black Conv. Bassani Exhaust.
It looks like I will need to purchase replacement tires in the near future. I would like to stay with the run flats. What do you recommend?
Thank you for your comments.
Tom

Pedro:

Thanks for the link to prior posts, it was just the information I needed.
Tom

Just got a set of Michelin's on Sat. 5/24/03. Just driving from Discount Tire to my home was a marked improvement over the GY's. Try em I think you'll be greatly surprised.

Which Michelin's did you buy?
Thanks
Tom

Tomrw said:
Pedro:

Thanks for the link to prior posts, it was just the information I needed.
Tom

Tom,
you're welcome. Nice color choice on your C5 by the way.

Enjoy and let us know how you like the new tires vs the
Good Years.

Pedro:w

Right now I am in the shopping mode. I figure I've got about 5,000 mile left on the current GY. Really would like a tire with better wet weather traction and lower road noise.

Tom

Hi To All,
Instead of starting a new topic, I think my questions have mild relevance here. These questions came up while reading the June, 2003 issue of Motor Trend.
Can Z06 wheels and tires be put on a regular C5? Are there any Z06 size tires that are run-flats?

justafamilyman said:
Hi To All,
Instead of starting a new topic, I think my questions have mild relevance here. These questions came up while reading the June, 2003 issue of Motor Trend.
Can Z06 wheels and tires be put on a regular C5? Are there any Z06 size tires that are run-flats?

Yes you can put the Z06 wheels on a C5. Everything is the same except for the wheels size.

Leon:
How does the tire noise compare to the GYs?
Tom

Man let me tell you I didn't believe it would make that much difference, but the noise level is down considerably. I can hear the radio now at moderate volumn levels.

Leon:
That is just what my eye wanted to read and my ears will love.
Thanks
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom