Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

End of Production Rumor

LMN8R

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
End of production rumor

A local dealer claims that the ZR1 may be at the end of production, with approximately 80 cars left to come off the line. Has anybody anywhere heard anything to substantiate this?

-GH

Hadn't heard that. That would be a major prestige blow for Chevy. With all the elements except the engine on other cars, it's not like it's costing them to keep it in production. But who knows? This is GM we are talking about.

My guess is the rumor is just that....a rumor.

GM announced yesterday that its going to have a working engine build demo at SEMA next week and the engines they will build are LS9s.

It's unlikely that GM will build LS9s if the model which uses the engine is discontinued.

I'll guess that the ZR1 will continue at least until the end of the 2011 model year.

Haha a dealer that is trying to instill panic into you so you can buy a car! ;LOL

Sounds good. One would think that there would be some type of public announcement/"warning" before the end of the line, right?

I've heard a couple rumors floating around of the same thing. However, I do believe they have cut ZR1 production way back for the remainder of this year.

One of the Hendrick dealerships around here is selling a new ZR1 for a little over a hundred large. Never saw that one coming so early in production.

With the ZR1 outselling the Z06, I doubt it.
How is the ZR1 outselling the Z06??? What are the current production numbers of both?

How is the ZR1 outselling the Z06??? What are the current production numbers of both?

For the non-believers:

2010 Corvette Production:

Corvette Coupe: 3,054 units
Corvette Convertibles: 1,003 units
Grand Sport Coupe: 3,707 units
Grand Sport Convertibles: 2,335 units
Z06: 518 units
ZR1: 1,577 units

Corvette Blog: 2010 Corvette

Let's Settle The Rumors

I've asked WikiLeaks to look into this. And while they're at it they should look into LMN8R, Rob, Hib, Dwayne and Catbert .:L

For the non-believers:

2010 Corvette Production:

Corvette Coupe: 3,054 units
Corvette Convertibles: 1,003 units
Grand Sport Coupe: 3,707 units
Grand Sport Convertibles: 2,335 units
Z06: 518 units
ZR1: 1,577 units

Corvette Blog: 2010 Corvette
That makes for some pretty collectible 2010 ZO6's. GM built greater numbers of GEN 2 C4 ZR-1's by 4-6 times in MY 1990-91. The 92(504) 93-95(448year) were more rare though.

The LS7 engine parts suppliers cant be too happy.

peace
Hog

Can anyone else weigh in on this? I recognize there are no guarantees in life, but strongly considering taking the plunge now unless there is a good chance a 2012 model will exist.

Snap Out Of It.

Can anyone else weigh in on this? I recognize there are no guarantees in life, but strongly considering taking the plunge now unless there is a good chance a 2012 model will exist.

My god.....what difference does it make? If you want a ZR1 just get one. If fact there are many 2010's still sitting with dealers all over the country. They can be purchased at right around $100k. Buy, live, drive, enjoy.

My god.....what difference does it make? If you want a ZR1 just get one. If fact there are many 2010's still sitting with dealers all over the country. They can be purchased at right around $100k. Buy, live, drive, enjoy.

165 - 2010 and 6 - 2009 still available according to:
2010 Corvette Locator

:w
Guy

Except for the hood, the bodywork is pretty much Z06, the use of the LS9 is being expanded in the Cadillac line. It can't be costing Chevy much to throw a few of them on the line for orders. Why would they cancel the model? That said, their resale value might be buoyed if they were discontinued because of limited numbers.

I have a 2005 SSR, and the value has been sustained by the scarcity since production ended. Before that, they couldn't give them away.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom