Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine ID assistance needed..

Stan's Customs

Corvette
Project 1961....
One of my neighbors has a 350 engine, a '69 model 350 he thinks. The casting number behind the left head on the ledge next to the transmission is 3970010. The stamped number on the right front head deck ledge is V0523HN...

Can anyone help ID this engine ...it is complete with Valve covers and pan still installed....hard to get too...it's in a little dark cramped shed. Has double hump heads with accessorie holes.... No numbers for them yet...

Thanks ...Stan

Stan's Customs said:
One of my neighbors has a 350 engine, a '69 model 350 he thinks. The casting number behind the left head on the ledge next to the transmission is 3970010. The stamped number on the right front head deck ledge is V0523HN...

Can anyone help ID this engine ...it is complete with Valve covers and pan still installed....hard to get too...it's in a little dark cramped shed. Has double hump heads with accessorie holes.... No numbers for them yet...

Thanks ...Stan

http://www.nastyz28.com/sbcmenu.html

Ray

Thanks Sky...I found that site ...the stamped number references on the right front deck is what I can't find anywhere...

Thanks Stan...

Stan's Customs said:
Thanks Sky...I found that site ...the stamped number references on the right front deck is what I can't find anywhere...

Thanks Stan...
"HN" for 1969 designated a 350ci/300hp 4-Bbl, TH350 application, for passenger cars.:w

Now we are makin a little progress...Thanks Denny..

Wonder what compression and cam came in a 300hp 350...

Could be either a 2 bolt or a 4 bolt looks like.... I wonder if the 300 Hp 350 has a cast or forged crank...

Stan's Customs said:
Now we are makin a little progress...Thanks Denny..

Wonder what compression and cam came in a 300hp 350...

Could be either a 2 bolt or a 4 bolt looks like.... I wonder if the 300 Hp 350 has a cast or forged crank...

I wondered the same things about the 3970010 block in my 65. I pulled the pan for a look see. Mine turned out to be a 4 bolt main 350, forged crank, forged TRW pistons, windage tray and baffled 6qt pan. It had also been ballanced back in 69. It was a treasure hunt and I found the treasure!

10-4 Sky...

I would do that to this one ...but it's in a storage shed that is hard to get to. The engine will have to carried out after the shed is unloaded. Had to crawl over stuff with a flashlight , a can of Chemtool and a rag to get what numbers I have and get visual peek at it ...A real pain...I'm just trying to find out what it is...may even be able to buy it cheap. Don't really need it. but if the money is right I might build up a motor instead of other plans...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom