Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Needs a "BLING" job!

W

wrenchmantee

Finally got in all the pieces: :D
1. Proform Alum/Chrome valve covers
2. S.S./Chrome intake cover
3. TPI "Billet" throttle body cover
4. Shop Painted fuelrail covers & ASR cover
w/"HAND" painted detailing.
2388321166_53806fd630.jpg

Engine

Hi. I'm sure it looks nice. Take a picture and post it so we can see the buty.

Regards,
Steve

You can't go wrong with red.....

Wow! Really nice.

That is SWEET!!!
Hey, are those SS inserts on your side vent louvers?:beer

Bling

Thats nice. Did you order the covers by paint code or do they come in red only.
Steve

The side vents are decals....I went to AutoZone & bought some (Chrome Carbon Fiber)
decal in a roll for about $6.00 cut them myself and they look like the real alum. grill!
The fuel rail covers are my "old" ones, I just soaked them in the bathtub with HOT water & Dawn dish soap, then used a S.O.S pad to really smooth them out. Then my buddy at
the body shop shot them for $50.00 using flex addative in the matching paint. Then I detailed them using a model car enamel and small paint brush. I was suprised how easy it was and how well it turned out!

Awesome Job! Thanks for the tips too, it'll make the job a lot easier!:beer

Hi,I would love to know where I could find just the (red) fuel rail covers for my '89 c4 L98,any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,c4steve. :beer

Well, Steve I did ALOT of searching and did find one company that offered "Smooth" painted covers w/intake cover in a package but, It was crazy expensive! Like $500.00!
So, I got to work saving my money and painted my old ones....It ain't as hard as it sounds or people make it out to be! I just scrubbed them with an S.O.S. pad in the bath tub...then put a primer on them and sprayed them with Automotive Enamel paint with hardner. That's all...I've had them on the car now for months...and ran the crapp out off it in the Hot Louisiana summer and they still look like new. And clean up with just a soft cloth. Good Luck hope this helps.

Thanks for the kind words, I gotta say that I'm proud of my "JUNKYARD FIND"! Yep, when I found this car it was in a bean field behind a old used car dealers junkyard...I had to pull it out with a tractor! I kept every reciept for every piece I used to bring it back to life. Now it's finished...And I have been 178 MPH in this Bad Boy! Haulin' A$$ !

Very :cool looking. Could you post or send me a pic of your car's stripes. I've decided to do a stripe also but can't decide which. Want something a little unique but nothing too far out there.
Again, congrats on a great looking engine:beer

Awesome Vette and engine compartment! :upthumbs

You really used your ingenuity. Thanks for sharing your tips!

SAVE THE :w

Oh, yeah the list is long and costly under those chrome covers! :drool:The 178 is True, I ran out of nerve before it topped out! As far the "Bean Field Pics", last year the home computer crashed sending them into outer space to never be seen again.:CRASH

Check out what's under the rear hatch cover...I custom built this Subwoofer box with 2 X 12" 1000watt subs and 2000watts of "BOOM", also has DVD,TV,CD,SDcard & "FRONT VISION CAMERA" so I don't crack my air dam on curbs.:upthumbs
2106132267_41396cd99c.jpg

:_rock:_rock:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom