Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

engine noise in radio

L

L82BLACKSHARK

here we go again.
i want to trash all the radio shielding on my 79. i do not want engine noise. (spark-alt wine and other noise)
what wires do i need?
yeah, i know, supressor plugs.
what about the HEI unit? do i have to put tinfoil around it?
i only listen in town, because the pipes are too loud to hear any thing on the road.
i did not have these problems in the other sharks i had, they had stock radios. this one has elcheapo after market something or other no name sh__ in it. the other owners somewhere down the line thought they needed a boom box type and i don't want to pull it out. its kinda neet to have a zit faced, backwards hat warin dork in some jap job trying to over power my lopy loud pipes with his noise. then i turn on mine!!
it seems that the radio installer placed two very large amplifide speakers under the rear where the tire carrier should be. if i turn it up a bit, the dorks have to roll up their windows. (old farts revenge.) and it ain't nice to give them spark noise.
so, what ideas ya got about radio supression wires?
i mean, don't they **** you off with that stuff?
the pizza guy comes in at 50 mph in a honda that i can hear coming four blocks away. it will get better the deaffer i get.

thanks,
mike
BSS :cool :cool

B

Bullitt

Hello Mike. Sorry to hear about your aching ears. I use to rev my engine at the stoplights to drown out sh***y music that I didn't want to hear. Most of these guys have their windows down, so a nice fat burnout would fill up their econobox with rubber filled smoke. But alas, the local police just don't understand. The mail-order company Jegs sells RFI noise filters. The Msd is $26(121-8830) and the Accel is $13(110-49050). I don't know why there is such a price difference. A friend of mine swears by them for his GTO, but since my Vette is down, I really can't say. Good luck.--Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom