Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

engine pic

M

mac495

CAC

Take a look at the braided rad hose... I put this stuff on because I thought it looked good in the book, but I need more input...

You won't hurt my feelings if you tell me it looks crappy, just say ya keep it or nope ditch it..

Looks good to me!

Hey Bill,

1) From the picture it is hard to see where the hose clamps are... there are the 'fake' fittings (Blue & Red) that you could add to finish the job if you have not installed them yet. These clamps look like the aircraft ones but are actually regular hose clamps inside the faux fittings.

2) Where do I get a distrubutor cover like you have?

Later... Brian

Brian

The pic is a little blurry because of the cheap digital camera and the engine was running, but the clamp covers are there (silver)...

The dist cover is the stock one that came with it and can be ordered from any parts book, I thought 78 came with the samething or did someone remove yours?

mac495 said:
The dist cover is the stock one that came with it and can be ordered from any parts book, I thought 78 came with the samething or did someone remove yours?
I guess it was removed... I just looked in my assembly manual and I could only find one drawing with the distributor covered by a "Radio Ignition Shield". I am guessing that is what is missing. :confused

BTW - I'm sure the chrome fittings look great. I am also considering using the slip on covers for my radiator hoses only. Haven't decided yet.

I like the look and have the same thing on my list of things to. I thing it cleans up the under hood area. As to the dist cover, that looks like the stock shield to me. many of the C3 this has been remove and never puy back on or broken and not replaced.

Anyway the motor looks good to me and as said before; If you like it that's all that matters.

Gary

Braided Hose

Never liked the stuff. I know that a person who ownes a Vette would like to make some nice appearing changes under a dull hood, but this is where you shouldn`t start. Your eyes are drawn to the hoses and most of the time they have kinks along the hoses. The first place a Judge will look and possibly mark down an otherwise nice piece overlooking some other nice appearance changes. And apparently you have some reservations about them also. Put the stock hoses back on.;)

PS. :dance No offense intended, but a better job for you would be to remove the possibly overlooked rusty hood hinges and repaint them. Overall, the car looks very nice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom