Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Engine Quits

rcr29kh

Corvette
1994 Polo Green Z07
My engine quit pulling into the garage last Sunday on my 94 LT1. The Service ASR lamp came on. It would not restart until later in the day. No codes and I checked all the grounds. I drove it again Wednesday, and the same result pulling back in the garage after a short cruise--engine quit and would not refire. This time the Battery and Service Engine lamps came on. Later it would start with no lamps on and no codes. Not sure where to go from here, as my tech has not been able to duplicate the problem or find anything either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

My engine quit pulling into the garage last Sunday on my 94 LT1. The Service ASR lamp came on. It would not restart until later in the day. No codes and I checked all the grounds. I drove it again Wednesday, and the same result pulling back in the garage after a short cruise--engine quit and would not refire. This time the Battery and Service Engine lamps came on. Later it would start with no lamps on and no codes. Not sure where to go from here, as my tech has not been able to duplicate the problem or find anything either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I would look at the power supply electrical connections near the battery...it almost sounds like a loose connection for power to the ECM or ign system. If your tech has checked the usual stuff, I'd go looking at the source connections hidden behind/under the battery. Its a fairly common issue. The "no codes" tells me that voltage was disconnected and that cleared any code there may have been,.

I had one that would die in hard right hand turns...
Finally found the connection for power to the distributer that would partially pull away when making a right.

I would look at the power supply electrical connections near the battery...it almost sounds like a loose connection for power to the ECM or ign system. If your tech has checked the usual stuff, I'd go looking at the source connections hidden behind/under the battery. Its a fairly common issue. The "no codes" tells me that voltage was disconnected and that cleared any code there may have been,.

I had one that would die in hard right hand turns...
Finally found the connection for power to the distributer that would partially pull away when making a right.

Thanks boomdriver--had the tech check this out and these connections were good. The car has 7K miles on, but while it was in, I had him change the fuel filter. We ended up changing the battery. He thought the test results were weaker than expected for the age of the battery. Retesting the following day, the results were lower yet. So, I am hoping this resolved it. Have had it out several times with no issues, so we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom