Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Tries to Start But Fails.

A

Abel20

A few weeks back I purchased a 75 corvette. I drove the car to my house and it ran fine. The drive was about 2 hours. I went on a training exercise for the military for about two weeks and well I came back and my car wasn't starting. I tried turning it on and the engine cranked but it would stop and there was a sound as if something was hitting against it not letting the engine turn. I thought it was the fly wheel and I raised the car and had someone try to crank it but once again something around the flywheel seems to be hitting. I had my starter checked out and well it tested fine. To my bad luck this morning I walked to my car and the car had spilled out lots of transmission fluid through the pan. How can this happen as well. I already replaced the gasket and filter on the transmission but can someone please help me. Sorry for writing to much.

Sounds more like you busted something in the torque converter, and it lost fluid out of it.

Anybody else want to take a whack at this one?

My Corvette reaches a point where it will start leaking tranny fluid. If it is driven regualr it is fine but after sitting a lengthy time ( a couple weeks to ?) it starts leaking. I doubt it's the pan, probably the front seal leaking down on the pan.

I am guessing the two problems are not related. the first thing to do is turn the crank by hand to make sure it can turn a full 360 degrees without stopping. That can help rule out internal problems.

Also this is posted in two forums and should be consolidated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom