Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Engine upgrade...can anyone help?

EmsFather

Corvette
1993 Quasar Metallic Blue LT1 Coupe
I want to replace my stock LT1 with a much stronger and faster motor. I am looking to got from 300 HP to around 450-475 HP. It has to be a motor that works with the computer or else I will be spending a lot of money for nothing. Does anyone know where I can buy a motor like this and what it would cost? I've had no luck surfing the 'net for one but maybe I am just not looking in the right spots. I just want to pull one motor out and put the next one I want 1/4 mile times in the low 12's with trap speeds around 120 MPH. Please only reply if you know where to find what I am searching for now. Thanks in advance.

Bob
:beer

I want to replace my stock LT1 with a much stronger and faster motor. I am looking to got from 300 HP to around 450-475 HP. It has to be a motor that works with the computer or else I will be spending a lot of money for nothing. Does anyone know where I can buy a motor like this and what it would cost? I've had no luck surfing the 'net for one but maybe I am just not looking in the right spots. I just want to pull one motor out and put the next one I want 1/4 mile times in the low 12's with trap speeds around 120 MPH. Please only reply if you know where to find what I am searching for now. Thanks in advance.

Bob

383 CID LT1 & LT4 | Lingenfelter - Performance Engineering

can you put an LS motor in a C4 Car?

Is it possible to put an LS 3 motor in a '93 Vette? And if money isn't an object, is an LS 7 aka ZO6 motor somethin that could go in a 93? I want it all ready for spring. I keep hitting dead ends.

Bob

;help

Is it possible to put an LS 3 motor in a '93 Vette? if money isn't an object, is an LS 7 aka ZO6 motor somethin that could go in a 93? I want it all ready for spring. I keep hitting dead ends.
sure, and if money isn't an object, then there is no problem....however be prepared it will cost big by the time your done re-doing everything (motor, trans, exhaust, ecm, etc.etc.). If your going to throw that kind of money at it, then there are many options.

I was out at Dick Guldstrand's shop recently. They were putting an LS7 in a C4; starter had to be moved, headers ground & modified, bell housing modified to fit LS7 to ZF tranny new ECM to run it . . .wheew! Man, you have to really love your C4 to put all that re-engineering into it!

How 'bout punching your LT1 to an LT4 and adding a Procharger . . . 100 + HP increase. In fact, just putting a procharger on your LT1 should give you 100 hp right there. 4.10's in the rear and you're ready to go!

better price some a good turbo lowball is about 5000.00 look at jeggs and summitt and some other online builders and i think you will be suprised at what you can get for 5 grand, there is a builder in georga that builds a sbc four bolt main with all the goodies in it for about 4500.00 375-425 dyno depending on intake carb and whatever kind of headers you like

I want to replace my stock LT1 with a much stronger and faster motor. I am looking to got from 300 HP to around 450-475 HP.
Bob

I just read an old 'Vette magazine article about a guy with a '93 and LT1. He rebuilt the motor and worked the block to accept 396 crank with an overbore so he got 396 cu in. His goal too was 400+ rwhp and he got 415 rwhp on the dyno using off the shelf parts.

So it can be done. If you swap in a crate motor, you can easily get to that number but you will have to go bigger or with a supercharger. In fact, you can rebuild your existing LT1 for a supercharger and easily exceed the 500 rwhp mark. When you get to that level though, prepare yourself for a lot of $$ because it won't be cheap!

Is it possible to put an LS 3 motor in a '93 Vette? And if money isn't an object, is an LS 7 aka ZO6 motor somethin that could go in a 93? I want it all ready for spring. I keep hitting dead ends.

Bob

;help

yes. Find a good place where they have done this kind of work before. I just spoke to a local builder who offered to put an LS6 on my '91, and he showed me pics of his previous work on that. Very impressive. But a crate LS6 alone is about $10k I believe. So you will be spending around $15k+ for such a swap done by professionals.

383 into a C4.....

I just assisted with putting a 383 with cam into a 1991 C4 (50# in a 5# bag). I had driven the car before and used to admire it in the rear view mirror of my ZR1. :) I am quite impressed with the performance gains he made with this swap and now I see his front fender at my door quite often. He is now talking about a supercharger addition. Now I got to keep up with the Jones'!
I would suggest ' small step' for performance before 'a giant leap' for a 2nd mortgage!

LT1, LT4 Manual transmission - $17,995.00

WOW ! for that kind of money you could buy a C-5 ! :D
No doubt its a quality engine though.

Maybe a used stock Lt-1 with a supercharger would give those numbers for a third of the price ?

Just a thought.

I agree, certainly not something I would ante up for, but for those who don't want to get their hands dirty and have plenty of money.......:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom