Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Wash in C5

father & son

You really have to allow for some time to dry, after your cleaning method!!!
Think i will stay with elbow grease system.
vett4-06.jpg

All that by hand stuff seems like a lot of work, I like the
Total Immersion method, although it does have a few disadvantages
that need to be worked around. :D
attachment.php

Have you found that it cleans better in Reverse than Drive? ;LOL

"Martha I told you to put in Drive not Reverse";LOL I hope that was freshwater, not saltwater.

"Martha I told you to put in Drive not Reverse";LOL I hope that was freshwater, not saltwater.

Yep George, only fresh water for the clean up, salt might dull my polished wheels. :L

Have you found that it cleans better in Reverse than Drive? ;LOL

Reverse gives you more of that turbo effect as you proceed, but does have the draw back of a difficult exit from the wash bay, as this fellow found out. :rotfl

Beware of the old simple green on these cars. I heard from a old vette engineer about the seals (or something like that) under the intake manifold that water can collect and eat away at it. I do a gentle hose down (once in a while) and then a gentle hand rub. On the old cars with the small block chevys I would GUNK them up.

It's actually the knock sensors located under the intake that get screwed up, mainly the rear one. Water will collect around it and eat away at it. Pressure washers are a big no no because of that, they forsce water up under the intake if you are not careful...

I use Simple Green and a garden hose...

CLEAN YOUR VETTES!!

One good way to clean your engine compartment is to take Dawn dish soap and mix it with water ( a fair amount of soap is needed) in a spray bottle and spray on the oily or greasey spots only and wash off with low pressure water only. Hey, you'll have some suds in your driveway, but your Vette will be cleaner. Use compressed air to blow it off immediatley after.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom