Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Engineering accolades) The Wonderbar was an amazing idea!

*89x2*

As we all know, the B2K frame section was capped off and used to feed / channel air to the turbos from the airbox - Well, I saw this from a ZR1 TT that is being developed at a Southern GA Corvette shop now - it is interesting to see how they are getting air into the and through the obsticles in the way... (of the frame)

Check these (ZR1) Pictures out :eek

newicpipe1.jpg

newicpipe2.jpg

newicpipe3.jpg

newicpipe4.jpg

ZR1 TT

It's funny you just post those pictures, Chris. I just talk to Arron Scott about the ZR1 TT, the owner of SGS Corvettes. Just a mere 30K:cry for the pump gas conversion.

Yeouch! It sure is close to the a-arms and the ground! Did Callaway use the wonderbar on their Super Speedsters and TT ZR-1, though? Maybe the turbos are further back or something where an approach like that wouldn't work?

Just so we're all on the same page....That aluminum box appears to be the return air to the intercoolers...the orange pipe is the fresh air coming into the turbos. :beer

I'd give a thumbs up for the effort put into the fabrication. However, if the car is built to be truly "street driven", it's not going to last for long. The aluminum box is going to get crushed for sure. I've touched the inner spring brackets on the ground multiple times. And, they are an inch above the lowest point on that intercooler connection. Hopefully, the owner documents the performance of the car well before seriously driving it because the design is definitely begging for a BIG boost leak.

I agree with Eric, one speed bump even at very very slow speed will do that aluminum box in. I have scraped the X bar reinforcement under my convertible on a couple of speed bumps but thanks to the "Powerfully Engineered" Callaway solution, nothing was in the way of harm.

-Luigi
:cool

Folks, sent to me last night by a :CAC Member, are the engineering accolades of his own :cool

This car is coming right along and is, "finally done and ready to tune" :cool

Enjoy the attached pic's. AMAZING! :upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice....dumped the mini ram with 16 injectors. Those are some big turbos, looks like at least 3" in and out!

:cool Wow that looks serious as a heart attack!!! A real hardcore more power attack :crazy I wouldn't want to be on the fine tuning team after its up and running. :L Nice work.

What is the story on the original engine? Was is a B2K or a SNAT?

Amazing transformation....many man hours of effort and ingenuity:beer

It's a 1990 b2k car -the stock Callaway engine is in the corner of the garage now. I know some of you are thinking why the heck is he doing that to an original Callaway twin turbo ? Well Iv'e always liked turbos and at this time in my life I just wanted one of the baddest tt street cars that I could build myself. The project just kind of snowballed out of control when my friend and I thought "what if". My wife didn't help matters when she said this was my last project- so I should not compromise on the cost or the design. Besides I don't plan on selling the car and I did't buy it for an investment anyway. Hope you like it, I really do.

That is awesome! Congratulations and great plan :)

I agree with you make the most of life and enjoy your car. Most Callaways are being collected now but you just have to take it out sometimes and enjoy it. I think I will take my car for a good rip on the highway on Friday. It should be a BOOSTIFUL day.
turbocat said:
It's a 1990 b2k car -the stock Callaway engine is in the corner of the garage now. I know some of you are thinking why the heck is he doing that to an original Callaway twin turbo ? Well Iv'e always liked turbos and at this time in my life I just wanted one of the baddest tt street cars that I could build myself. The project just kind of snowballed out of control when my friend and I thought "what if". My wife didn't help matters when she said this was my last project- so I should not compromise on the cost or the design. Besides I don't plan on selling the car and I did't buy it for an investment anyway. Hope you like it, I really do.

callaway4fun said:
I agree with you make the most of life and enjoy your car. Most Callaways are being collected now but you just have to take it out sometimes and enjoy it. I think I will take my car for a good rip on the highway on Friday. It should be a BOOSTIFUL day.

Couldn't have said it better myself buddy! :m

I just got back after taking ours out - lost all track of time (as I began Christmas shopping tonight :ugh ) and took our oldest daughter in the car - she loved it! :cool

What an amazing day and an great way to spend an eve. - In BOOST! :lou

Started the Sta-Bil regiment tonite, as the car is now tucked away for a few mos. I imagine -

Surf: If you read this, I know exactly what you meant when you said cars will pull up beside and "inch on you" - "flash the boost" and they go away :D

Enjoy your Drive Callaway4Fun :upthumbs

TurboCat - Thanks for sharing the build-up of your car - Looks amazing! Can't wait for the dyno #'s :cool

Chris,

Awesome to hear that its getting some use.. ;)

I look forward to taking mine out for a spin tomorrow. The weather is finally beautiful and a good day for turbo boost as it should be in the 60's bhrr... :lou

-Luigi
:cool

Best Wishes throughout the Holidays!

*89x2* said:
Surf: If you read this, I know exactly what you meant when you said cars will pull up beside and "inch on you" - "flash the boost" and they go away :D

Of course Im reading all this....everyday :D

I close on my house Dec 29, then start saving and building equity for my next special B2k ;)

Scaring people off with the turbos is almost as fun as actually dropping the hammer and blowing them off the road. I think it was posted here that intimidation kills are actually worth 2 points. :D

SurfnSun said:
Of course Im reading all this....everyday :D

I close on my house Dec 29, then start saving and building equity for my next special B2k ;)

Scaring people off with the turbos is almost as fun as actually dropping the hammer and blowing them off the road. I think it was posted here that intimidation kills are actually worth 2 points. :D

Surf, sounds like you have a plan :cool

The sun came out today after a long weekend of rain - good part about that is, the road salt has been washed away...

Maybe I should take big-red out for a spin :lou

p.s. what are your futeure B2K plans?? Do tell :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom