Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engines

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
I have a 06 Coupe and I was wondering if the block in the coupe and the Z06 are the same? If not,what are the differences? Thanks,Rod

I'm not an expert. But I believe the LS2 is 366 cu. in. and the LS7 is a 427 cu. in. That doesn't mean that the motor mounts couldn't be the same, but I would dout it.

Hecox

They possibly could be, the difference in cubic inches being a different bore and stroke..:confused ....

They possibly could be, the difference in cubic inches being a different bore and stroke..:confused ....

Again, I'm not for sure. But... the LS2 is a "small block" and a LS7 is a "big block" so I would think they are different. Posibly just a different motor mount would allow it to bolt up. Again, there may be a difference at the bellhousing also.

Where are all the "experts" at? :W Someone in the "know" needs to answer this question. ;shrug

Sorry I'm just a dummy. ;help

Hecox

Again, I'm not for sure. But... the LS2 is a "small block" and a LS7 is a "big block" ...

Hecox

The LS7 is a 427ci small block. I'm sure someone will show up with the answer soon enough, but I'm doubtful that the blocks are the same.

Leon

HI there,
Externally, they are not much different in visual comparisons, but they are totally different internally.
As those have mentioned, dry sump lubrication, bore and stroke, and almost everything internally is different.
Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom