Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Err, Stress Cracks, anyone?

R

richross

Does this look familiar to any other shark owners out there? I've got these fine cracks about an inch tall along the upper curve of my forward driver's side fender. They are so uniform and match the curve of the fender so well I figure they're stress cracks from where the two fiberglass sheets come together. If I sight along the car from about the driver's side door, I can see a very light ribbon-like depression of similair dimensions running in that direction. I've checked thouroughly under the wheel well for any sign of mis-color or body work and she looks clean as a whistle. Any ideas? :confused
cracks3.jpg

cracks4.jpg

I'm certainly no authority but I've never heard of nor seen stress cracks of such uniform size, shape nor distance from each other. ;shrug

I'll be interested to hear the input on this one from some more experienced.

:wJane Ann

I've checked with others on this issue so far and it seems they all agree that there are bond-strips exactly where I have the cracks... See below. Although the strips are on the rear fenders, I've been told they are similair to the front fender as well and not to worry, that it's fairly common. But I'm still open to suggestions!!
otherstripped78pc.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom