Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Error Codes

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

mbrunette

Corvette
1993 Ruby
First of all, hi everyone. I'm a new owner to a Ruby. I really like this car and I'm wondering why I waited so long to get one.

I am experiencing a little trouble with it though. I get the error code 26-QuadDriver Module#1 circuit (all check out fine). I thought this may have been an older code stored in the ECM, but when I disconnected the ECM it didn't clear. I plugged it back in and 26 came back along with 46-Vehicle Anti Theft System circuit (can't find anything on this), and 68-Air conditioning relay circuit (the A/C functions perfectly).

Anyone have any suggestions, the car performs well. It doesn't appear to have any mechanical problems.

I only have a Haynes Manual. I was looking at a factory manual online, I think that would be a good purchase...

Use the Haynes Manual to line your cat box. I reviewed the Haynes book for C4 and found 1) it contains inaccuracies and 2) it has little useful information on diagnosis of the car's systems which use on-board computers. After reviewing the book for the CAC and other sites, I put it in the recycling with my old newspapers. The only aftermarket manual that's even minimally useful is the Chilton's book and, even then, for the problems you have the Chilton's manual, lacks detail and depth on diagnostics.

DTC26 is, as you know, a quad-driver fault, specifically the QDM#1 circuit which is used in controlling the electric AIR pump and the vapor canister purge funciton. I see your location is CA. If "Menifee" is in an area that requires a bi-annual smog check, you're going to have to fix this problem before you go test because if you go in with the engine light on, you flunk automatically and a record of the failure goes to the State and to Carfax.

A scan tester is required to solve this fault.

As for DTC46...what module gave you that code?

And for the DTC68, when that code is current, the ECM's A/C relay circut is shorted. The problem is going to be in the wiring somewhere or in the ECM. This fault does not turn on the MIL but, if allowed to continue long-term it may damage the hvac system.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom