Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ESPN3 Coverage of ALMS...

yellow_2002_germany

Corvette
2006 Velocity Yellow
I am not sure that I like the move of ALMS coverage to ESPN3.com. Previously, when it was on SPEED, the races were listed in the paper like USAToday as being on TV. After the race, the results were also covered even if it was only 1 or 2 sentences.

Now that the races are on ESPN3.com, they are no longer even mentioned as coming on over the weekend since they are not on TV and there were no results today in USAToday for Lime Rock.

I find it hard to believe they get more watchers on ESPN3.com than they did SPEED. Hopefully, ALMS will change back after their contract with ESPN3 runs out.

Anyone else have an opinion?

My newspaper treats ALMS the same way - no coverage now.

I suppose I'll have to get a PS3 or xBox or some sort of internet connection to my home entertainment system so I can watch the ALMS on my HD TV rather than my computer's small screen. It's just not going to happen yet. In the meantime, I don't watch ALMS.

The ALMS had a press release with in the last week that said they were real pleased with the "TV" deal with ESPN and that they had attracted more viewers. Good for them but not me as they lost me.

My newspaper treats ALMS the same way - no coverage now.

I suppose I'll have to get a PS3 or xBox or some sort of internet connection to my home entertainment system so I can watch the ALMS on my HD TV rather than my computer's small screen. It's just not going to happen yet. In the meantime, I don't watch ALMS.

The ALMS had a press release with in the last week that said they were real pleased with the "TV" deal with ESPN and that they had attracted more viewers. Good for them but not me as they lost me.

They would have lost me too if not for Justin TV. Still it is a pain to sit in front of a small computer screen to watch. The only way I am able to do it is because I also monitor live timing and radio Le Mans. I can't figure out their claimed numbers as so many people can't get ESPN3, based on comments from other forums.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom