Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

excavation begins!

:L Scary isn't it... :L
Walk down the powerline and look for a jeep parked under the deck.
Last residence before Richland Prarie The powerline in your pic is what gave your location away. Another scary thought . What if there are more of us in here . :L

I just hope no-one else is stalking me! j/k

you asked earlier about LGCC. We meet every first Thursday of the month at Schiappas in Ofallon - by the hwy 50 intersection before it heads out of town towards lebanon. Only two months left this year, they let you go to two meetings before joining, you wouldn't have to pay dues till December

Heavy Duty said:
Cannot beat a free welder of any sort if it works. I have a free oxy/acet set that was given to me several years ago. It sure has come in hand a couple of times. I'm now trying to learn how to braze with it. So far so good. I haven't burned anything down just yet. Just have to remember to keep it away from gas tanks:W.

I'm in the military stationed near Boston. The wife is down at the house keeping things in order. She has quite a few years in teaching with the state of N.C. school system. So I didn't see it was fair to ask her to give up her job to move with me up here. So, I head home once every few months. Got less than 3 years and i can hang it up. I got the keys to all of the vettes so the toys are safe at the house:L.

H.D.:w

That's got to be pretty rough. I know it isn't like this with every marriage, but my wife and I are best friends. I don't know if I could be away that long without a seriously stupid phone bill. How long have you been doing the long distance thing?

ruby76 said:

you asked earlier about LGCC. We meet every first Thursday of the month at Schiappas in Ofallon - by the hwy 50 intersection before it heads out of town towards lebanon. Only two months left this year, they let you go to two meetings before joining, you wouldn't have to pay dues till December

Thanks. I called the number that was on the website a couple weeks back and left a message but no one returned the call .

You are safe for now as we are looking to move soon , she wants to be out of here before cold weather sets in. I say wait till spring at least , I have a heated garage here small but warm.

Speaking of cutting grass , I am going to give ours a once over to get the leaves.
Give me a yell later on if you have time !
I will check posts again in a little while.

ruby76 said:
That's got to be pretty rough. I know it isn't like this with every marriage, but my wife and I are best friends. I don't know if I could be away that long without a seriously stupid phone bill. How long have you been doing the long distance thing?

Yea, I talk to her just about every night. I have the voice over internet service. It cost only $26.00/month and you can call anywhere in the U.S. and talk as long as you want. But still it is tough. There are times when I am home I don't want to leave. But like I said, 34 months and it's a done deal.

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Yea, I talk to her just about every night. I have the voice over internet service. It cost only $26.00/month and you can call anywhere in the U.S. and talk as long as you want. But still it is tough. There are times when I am home I don't want to leave. But like I said, 34 months and it's a done deal.

H.D.

First six months I was married to the last wife ( :L ) I was in NC and she was in Cleveland .It really can be tough sometimes , just have to keep yourself busy. Vonage saved my life there and my wallet too. The wireless plans are getting much better now with the free nights and weekends. All I have now is a cell . Who knows in 34 months we might be both back in NC ..:L

cj5nutz said:
First six months I was married to the last wife ( :L ) I was in NC and she was in Cleveland .It really can be tough sometimes , just have to keep yourself busy. Vonage saved my life there and my wallet too. The wireless plans are getting much better now with the free nights and weekends. All I have now is a cell . Who knows in 34 months we might be both back in NC ..:L

Where abouts in N.C. are you from? I live near the outer banks about 60 miles South of Norfolk, Va. Love it there. Great weather most of the year. My home is down near Lumberton, NC just South of Fayetteville.

If it wasn't for the cheap phone services it would be really tough. I keep busy by either playing with one of the vettes, when they are up here, during the summer and during the winter I keep busy by playing the guitar. Me and a couple of guys get togather on sat. nights and drink a few and do a little jamming. It's not a bad place up here but the winters are a real pain.

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Where abouts in N.C. are you from? I live near the outer banks about 60 miles South of Norfolk, Va. Love it there. Great weather most of the year. My home is down near Lumberton, NC just South of Fayetteville.

If it wasn't for the cheap phone services it would be really tough. I keep busy by either playing with one of the vettes, when they are up here, during the summer and during the winter I keep busy by playing the guitar. Me and a couple of guys get togather on sat. nights and drink a few and do a little jamming. It's not a bad place up here but the winters are a real pain.

H.D.
I am from the other end of the state not far from Boone/Blowing Rock area.
I did a lot of work in Beaufort area and down to Myrtle Beach but I have never been north of Wilmington on the coast. I plan to see it someday though in a Vette of course.
I used to play some too but it got to be a full time thing and it wasn't the direction I wanted to go. We cut a couple albums and did the road thing for about 2 years , but it takes its toll on family life. Especially working a full time job at the same time. When i stopped playing i really stopped , sold all the equiptment and moved on .
Like I said before I know its tough but you seem to have it covered.

cj5nutz said:
Thanks. I called the number that was on the website a couple weeks back and left a message but no one returned the call .

You are safe for now as we are looking to move soon , she wants to be out of here before cold weather sets in. I say wait till spring at least , I have a heated garage here small but warm.

Where are you thinking of moving? Around here or out of the region? The sure are popping up new neighborhoods like crazy here aren't they. Hope you took no offense about the stalking comment. We drove down Richland Prairie on the way home from work yesterday and saw your jeep. If im ever out in the garage wrenching on something stop by and say hi.

And what brings you to the ST louis area - what line of work are you in?

ruby76 said:
Where are you thinking of moving? Around here or out of the region? The sure are popping up new neighborhoods like crazy here aren't they. Hope you took no offense about the stalking comment. We drove down Richland Prairie on the way home from work yesterday and saw your jeep. If im ever out in the garage wrenching on something stop by and say hi.

And what brings you to the ST louis area - what line of work are you in?
WE need more room acording to her , seems 1700 ft isn't enuff space for two people..:L She wants out in the country and I do too. I still have my BIG jeep to bring from NC and need a place to park it and a trailer to haul it on .As you can tell by the jeep on the rear deck parking here is not the best.
We are looking at houses to rent , I am not buying another house anytime soon (long story).

No offense ever taken here , I thought it was funny and would have loved to see the look on your face when you saw the post .;LOL That just has to be spooky.

Well the job thing...... Not too happy about it right now . I am a licensed electrician and certified LP gas tech. Without getting into all the bad words about how unions work when you move from another town and state and get
put on the bottom of the list.
I was told maybe next August they might have something and after 25 years experience and every certificate(ceu's) I could get over the years they want me to start in a 5 year school of theirs so they can start me at $15.00 an hour. :mad So........... I have my eyes and ears open for now , polishing the Vette and the truck and spending way tooo much time online.In a twisted kind of way its nice , I have been working since I was 15 and this is my first real break .
And last of all my reason for moving here is blonde and about 5' 4" and loves Corvettes. ;)
Hope to meet you soon I have not met many people here except for her family and coworkers and the Union people :mad.
We are talking about taking the Vette out for a spin this weekend and may get some top down time in the Jeep also.
She bought season tickets to the Blues games so I know we will be there sometime Saturday.

Like I said, Im a member of Looking Glass Corvette Club - a normal vette club, But i am ALSO a member of

Saint Louis C3 Sharks - an informal, no officers, no dues, no rules C3 only Vette club. I almost forgot to mention it to you, This Sunday from 9AM - 12 is a C3 shark Car show at Hard Rock Cafe at Union Station in Downtown Saint Louis. We'd love to have you out there. Parking for Vettes is Free (normal it is like $5.00 to park or something)

If you don't know much about Saint Louis, I'll give directions to union station.

Take 64 West accross the river, then take the 21st and Market exit ramp. Then turn right onto Market - back towards the arch/east -, then you'll come to an old building (hotel) at the old train yards/union station. Turn south/right on the road just past the main entrance. Go till you can turn in the parking lot just past it. Hard Rock is right there.

The show is free, I don't think there is any judging or anything, more of a cruise. The cool part about the C3 sharks is that we are all old vette fanatics, some of their cars are SUPER SHOW WINNING NICE, some are VERY NICE, some are NICE, some are nice, and some are under construction!!! We get together every so often to work on each others cars etc.

website is still new: www.stlc3sharks.com not much on it.

You sold me , sounds like my kinda people, Suzy knows St.Louis , can't speak for her but I'll bet we will show up !

OK I can speak for her now.
I talked with her on the phone and she is all excited about going . She also mentioned a Hooters there that I should know is off limits to me.

ruby76 said:

I got my newsletter today in the mail .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom