Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible

By DAVID BOYCE - Drive contributing writer
Kansas City Star
02/06/2015

attachment.php

As a 12-year-old in Falls City, Neb., Larry Cook saw a Chevrolet Corvette and dreamed of owning it one day. It belonged to an elderly lady.

“She was the only person I had seen with a Corvette,” said Cook, of Excelsior Springs. “I told my dad after we moved to Iowa that I wanted that car. It went up for sale in an estate auction.”

So Cook’s dad went to the auction, heard that the price was $4,000 and told his son he decided not to buy it.

But the dream of owning a Corvette remained vivid for Cook. He just had to put it on hold.

Once Cook’s youngest son graduated from Northwest Missouri State, the idea of owning a Corvette became more of a reality. After surviving a heart attack, Cook knew the time was right.

“I thought, ‘Forty-nine years old. I am going to go for it,’” he said.

His search took him to an advertisement he saw in The Kansas City Star in May 1995.

Full Story: Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible | The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

Attachments

• 1969-corvette-larry-cook.jpeg
    1969-corvette-larry-cook.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 115

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom