Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust crossover tube

W

woobie1966

wondering how many out there have a crossover ("x" or "h" pipe) in theri exhaust system. does it make a difference where it is placed? is it effective? can it be put in a spot which will not interfere with getting at the trans?
thanks
mike

I've always had one on mine. I think the H pipe is supposed to help with any low end torque loss and help smooth out the exhaust note.

The only change to mine is that the weld has now been replaced with flanges, similiar to what is on the cat, so I can remove the driveshaft.

This doesn't interfere with the trans, though the rest of the system is welded and would require removal for trans work.

Mike,
I just put an h-pipe on my system. I have a MA chambered exhaust and picked up an h-pipe kit from Jegs (Summit also has them). I installed the h-pipe just before the cross member. It was a tight fit but the crossover pipe fits between the tranny mount and the back end of the tranny. Since they supply you with a straight pipe and curved pipe, I used the curved portion pointing down to get the fit.
I still get a little popping on deseleration, but nothing like it was before.
Shawn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom