Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust repairable?

sci68

Corvette
2002 Chevy Corvette Convertible, Pewter
Today while trying to avoid someone backing into me, I backed into a street light with a concrete base in a parking lot.....:mad:mad:mad

I pushed in the the left exhaust tips (very lucky there was no body damage!!!). I have the Corsa Pace car edition exhaust w/ x-pipe from cats back. Is this something that can be repaired? If not or the tips do not align up correctly, can I just buy the left side only to replace this? I inspected the exhaust it appears t the cats, x-pipe are ok, it's just the left exhaust tips were pushed in about 3-4 inches, the muffler was pushed counter clock wise about 5 degrees and the left pipe over the rear axle is pushed back compared to the right pipe.

Thamls for your ;help!

any good muffler shop should be able to repair them:beer

any good muffler shop should be able to repair them:beer

The pipe leading from the muffler to the tips is longer round, it is oval/ellyptical compared to the other. I am not sure they can bend it back into shape, there is little room where the tips are attached to the pipe that is bent, unless it's cut and re-weld into place.....:confused

I'd call corsa. I anyone can fix it right it would be the manufacturer. You might be able to take it off the car and sent it to them. If you need a replacement till you get them back I have a set of stock mufflers I can sell you cheap. johnm

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom