Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Sensor

EttevroC

Corvette
1989 Convertible
I had my vette in for a clutch replacement and the garage found that the Exhaust Sensor was disconnected, the guy checked my exhaust tips and there were some carbon there. :ugh

He said that now the sensor is connected I should get better gas mileage, but that statement hasn't come true so far. Also, the idle is no longer flat, any ideas of whats going on? :confused

Thanks

I had my vette in for a clutch replacement and the garage found that the Exhaust Sensor was disconnected, the guy checked my exhaust tips and there were some carbon there. :ugh

He said that now the sensor is connected I should get better gas mileage, but that statement hasn't come true so far. Also, the idle is no longer flat, any ideas of whats going on? :confused

Thanks

didn't you have a check engine light before it was reconnected? I would check to see if you are throwing any codes first before you do anything.

- Tom

Actually the Check Engine light would show it self every now and again but the garage said that they could not find any codes when they connected their diagnostic computer.

After the sensor was reconnected, the light comes on about the same amount of time as it did before.:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom